Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chunks of hair falling off my 2 year olds head!!

amother

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 9:16 pm
Although my 2 year old was born with thick dark hair - it turned blond and really thin about a year after he was born. Its very short and I've never cut it but it been the same length or even shorter for about a year.
About 7 monthes ago his babysitter told me that a kid had pulled on his hair (she said not so hard) and a chunk had fallen out. I was going to take him to the doctor but I didnt notice it when I pulled on some hair and I forgot about it.
Today we had a 18 month over and she pulled on my sons hair and a HUGE chunk fell out and he has 2 bald spots - later on she pulled some more out.

I'm really nervous and imagining all these scary reasons as to why his hair could be falling out- I'm making a dr's appmt tomorrow- but does anyone have any experience with this???

c.c.cookie

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 10:16 pm
As far as I know, hair falling out is simply an indication of a lack of some vitamins. Definitely speak to your doctor, but no need to freak out.

gem

Post Sat, Jun 26 2010, 10:53 pm
alopecia areata. It's a rare hair loss condition.

sofaraway

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 8:19 am
my mother told me I was losing my hair in the bath by handfuls when I was 2yo. She was always nervous that her only daughter will be bold!!! I think she just bought some special shampoos for sensitive hair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics