Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Eclairs

Liba

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 5:58 am
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/e......aspx

B"H they came out wonderfully.

I made them a bit on the smaller side and got a dozen from the recipe instead of 9.

We all shared the two that didn't fit into my container when I was putting them away.

They are a bit of a patchke but well worth it.

greeneyes

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 7:18 am
Yum! I added it to my recipe box on allrecipes & I look foreward to trying them one day. Thanks for sharing & enjoy them!

morahleah

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 7:35 pm
did you make these milchig or can I use margarine instead of butter and soy milk instead of milk??

ganizzy

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 9:18 pm
I usually make these with store bought puff pastry dough. is this recipe much better - meaning worth the effort?

Liba

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:50 pm
Puff pastry dough isn't the same at all IMO.

They are so good milchig. I haven't tried them pareve but nothing is quite the same pareve IMO.

nylon

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 11:42 am
People do make these pareve, but I wouldn't. The choux pastry isn't too bad, but the pastry cream tastes very fake to me. I make my filling from scratch, though, no pudding mix. As well as vanilla, you can have coffee, chocolate, or caramel--or make strawberry or raspberry whipped cream. I like these a lot, can you tell?

The same dough can be shaped into puffs and used as profiteroles or cream puffs. Piping neat puffs or eclairs takes some practice but is worth it IMO. I have a decorator's syringe I use to fill the puffs.

Puff pastry is no substitute for choux, though I have used store bought puff pastry to make Napoleons. Those are a real patchke to ice.

dilego

Post Thu, Jul 01 2010, 12:52 pm
napoleons are made of puff pastry eclairs are always a cooled dough.I never ate milchige choux dough,but the filling is heavenly milchig
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics