Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO book on sensory processing disorder
Previous  1  2

Barbara

Post Mon, Jun 28 2010, 1:09 pm
ra_mom wrote:
TwinsMommy wrote:
while we're at it, are there any books specifically on auditory processing?

I LOVE the out of sync child for the info it gives about the sensory integration disorder that's a big part of my son's autism, and for the info it gives on dyspraxia which is definitely part of what my daughter with hypotonia is going through... but she also has to fill the lulls with lots of sound, even if it's just babble, and she has to repeat the same phrases over and over, and her speech therapist is talking about auditory processing--- is there a book that helps specifically with this?

thanks.
Raising a Sensory Smart Child talks about auditory processing, disorder, sense, sensitivity...

When the Brain Can't Hear

Like Sound Through Water

May I also strongly recommend that you join the Auditory Processing Disorders yahoo mailing list. Maxine, the moderator, is extremely knowledgeable, and generous with her time and expertise. There are also numerous other helpful members.

abismommy

Post Tue, Jun 29 2010, 12:52 am
c.c.cookie wrote:
abismommy wrote:
I've recommended The Out of Sync Child & The Out of Sync Child Has fun to many parents. They have great ideas & really help explain sensory processing & disorders of the sensory integration system.

Look here

Thanks! Does The Out of Sync Child Has Fun have ideas for babies also?

How old? I honestly don't remember, but once you have a better understanding of whar is "scary" vs. what you child craves. it will be easier for you to create activities that will be beneficial to him/her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics