Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Big Brother - Orthodox Jew!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chillax

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:14 am
Sooo I don't know how many of you watch Big Brother but they just revealed the house guests for this coming season. One of which is an Orthodox Jew. shock

I'm interested/a little nervous to see what'll happen with that.

He says he keeps kosher/Shabbos, will bring his own utensils and if a competition takes place on a Saturday than he won't be able to do it.
What does that mean though?? What about the actual food?
The show says that no special exceptions will be made for his religious beliefs when it comes to the game.
I wonder what that means when it comes to competitions on Shabbos, automatic doors, etc.
And I just hope he doesn't cause a chillul Hashem! The whole country watches this show and he's representing "orthodox Jews" supposedly... *SIGH*

bubby

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:18 am
Isn't this reality stuff getting ridiculous? I keep reading about the Bachelor. Is the next one going to be The Shadchan?

thisone

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:25 am
haha They already have "The Shadchan"--it's called "The Millionaire Matchmaker" and she's Jewish and a 3rd generation matchmaker (3rd 4th? I don't remember exactly). On one episode she talked about how she pushed a Jewish guy to go for the Jewish girl because she feels responsible for that. But then I'm pretty sure there were about 20 mixed matches. I stopped watching.

bubby

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 11:58 am
Kayla wrote:
haha They already have "The Shadchan"--it's called "The Millionaire Matchmaker" and she's Jewish and a 3rd generation matchmaker (3rd 4th? I don't remember exactly). On one episode she talked about how she pushed a Jewish guy to go for the Jewish girl because she feels responsible for that. But then I'm pretty sure there were about 20 mixed matches. I stopped watching.

LOL Gee, & there was I, thinking I could sell my idea to the networks! Pipped at the post, heh?

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 12:02 pm
gevalt.
You know there are some shows I gladly miss.

Aribenj

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 12:56 pm
bubby wrote:
Kayla wrote:

LOL Gee, & there was I, thinking I could sell my idea to the networks! Pipped at the post, heh?

Lol! I always thought it would be awesome if they made a show called "The Bochur" and instead of rose ceremonies he could have siddur ceremonies where he would hand out siddurs to the girls he wanted to keep around for another week...

bubby

Post Wed, Jun 30 2010, 1:01 pm
Aribenj wrote:
bubby wrote:
Kayla wrote:

Lol! I always thought it would be awesome if they made a show called "The Bochur" and instead of rose ceremonies he could have siddur ceremonies where he would hand out siddurs to the girls he wanted to keep around for another week...

And he has them lined up in a hotel lobby for dates. He can quiz them how much their fathers will put down for a house & more importantly, the tablecloth they would use for Shabbos LOL

Funmommy

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 4:33 pm
Can someone explain to me what this big brother show is about

kitov

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 5:54 pm
I always wanted a show "the balbusta" on the food network. Those dishes look so yummy, too bad they're treif. If only we would have a kosher food show.

myfriends715

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 6:35 pm
I love big brother its like 1 big psychological experiment. lock 14 ppl in a house together w no contact w outside world. no windows no tv no phone and watch the drama unfold. every week s/o gets voted out last person left wins $500,000

its really going to b interesting to see the frum guy on. bb is prob going to supply kosher food but not necessarily kosher meat (will get that when he becomes head of household) similar to season 6(I think) when kaysar- who was muslim and only ate halal got. thats just my opinion.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 6:40 pm
kitov wrote:
I always wanted a show "the balbusta" on the food network. Those dishes look so yummy, too bad they're treif. If only we would have a kosher food show.
It doesn't make much of a difference because even if it WAS Kosher, you wouldn't be able to eat the food. Unless you were in the studio audience. Most of the recipes on Food Network can be made in ones own home. Even stuff that's blatant traif can be adapted.

I've never watched Big Brother, but I might watch a couple of episodes this time.

myfriends715

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 6:49 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
kitov wrote:
It doesn't make much of a difference because even if it WAS Kosher, you wouldn't be able to eat the food. Unless you were in the studio audience. Most of the recipes on Food Network can be made in ones own home. Even stuff that's blatant traif can be adapted.

I've never watched Big Brother, but I might watch a couple of episodes this time.

actually im considering applying for the food networks "the next food network star" dont think they would take me cuz I wouldnt cook (or taste) any treif things but u never know if u dont try. I've done some food demos and im pretty good at it

Peanut2

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 7:29 pm
kitov wrote:

I just want top chef to have an episode with a kosher challenge!

elf123

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 7:36 pm
This isn't the first time there has been a frum contestant on a reality show. "The Amazing Race" had I think 2 frum guys on it a few years ago, and there was a religious Syrian guy, I think from Brooklyn, on "The Apprentice."

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 10:38 am
I watched that season of The Apprentice. I have a feeling the dynamics of Big Brother are a lot different than The Apprentice!

Jacoby

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 11:54 pm
Where online can I watch big brother?

myfriends715

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:01 am
Jacoby wrote:
Where online can I watch big brother?

it starts tomorrow you can watch it the following day @ cbs.com or streaming live that night @ 8 pm on justtvnuts.com and click on cbs

Jacoby

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:02 am
Thanks!

Yakira

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:09 am
We LOVE Millionaire Matchmaker. Patti is just awesome!

myfriends715

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:11 pm
best line ever.. watching big brother online tonight and the frum guy ison this season who wears a yarmulka and some hick girl says"I think Andrew is Jewish, he wears a Yomkippur on his head LOL"
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics