Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sons Testicl*s are WEIRD looking. Help!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 2:20 pm
I am so freaked out, and don't know what to do. My sons testicl*s are huge on one side and practically non-existing on the other. Gotta take him to a doctor asap, but will have to wait until Tuesday when the doctors office is open again. This didn't just happen, but HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW tHAT A CHILDS TESTICL*S ARE ABNORMAL? its not like a see so many of them, that I would know. HELP. Its like that for a while already and he is 6 years old.
Can't handle all this stress!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 2:23 pm
OP here, And I forgot to add that the more I'm reading about it online, the more I am shaking!

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 2:24 pm
Yes, get him to a doc ASAP. If it's still before 5 where you live make an appointment today.

myfriends715

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 2:32 pm
IS this a new thing or has it always been like this? cuz if its always been like this then chances are ur dr has already seen it and would have told u if its a problem

morah

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 2:35 pm
Seems like you already know to get him to a doctor ASAP. If you're in NY, a close relative of mine is a urologist and I can ask if he can see you before Tuesday. PM me if you want.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jul 02 2010, 2:40 pm
myfriends715 wrote:
IS this a new thing or has it always been like this? cuz if its always been like this then chances are ur dr has already seen it and would have told u if its a problem

Not a given. I know of more than one kid that had surgery at the age of 6+ because the mom finally decided to ask the pedi. Why the pedi never mentioned it is beyond me.

amother

Post Sat, Jul 03 2010, 8:17 pm
dont panic! you should definitely show it to a doctor but it sounds like what my son had. a hydrocele. it is no big deal but should be taken care of. it is basically a little sac that collects fluid. my son had outpatient surgery that was really no big deal.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sat, Jul 03 2010, 9:26 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
myfriends715 wrote:

Not a given. I know of more than one kid that had surgery at the age of 6+ because the mom finally decided to ask the pedi. Why the pedi never mentioned it is beyond me.

I have a friend whose TEN YEAR OLD son just had surgery to fix an undescended testicle problem... apparently NO ONE noticed until recently.

My own son had corrective surgery at 11 months old.

Shopmiami49

Post Sat, Jul 03 2010, 11:16 pm
When my son was just under 2, I thought his testicles hadn't descended yet. I was so freaked out when I started reading abt it online. And I was so upset that his dr. had never mentioned anything! This was my oldest child, and I had no clue that I was suppoesd to ask! Apparantly, its a standard procedure that they check at abt 2 months and then again at 6 months. get it checked out and always ask in the future. don't rely on the dr to tell you. Hatzlacha!

exhausted

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 7:16 am
My son had this repaired surgically when he was 7 years old. Completely painless and healed very quickly. This was done the same time as a hernia on the other side. For everyone else reading this, it should be standard procedure for the testc..to be checked at a few months old and again at 12 months old. And if there's a suspected problem, as in my son's case, the doctor monitors it until they either descend on their own, or they need surgical help. Don't panic till Tuesday, nothing major will happen till then, he's had it a while and at this young age, there is rarely any permanent damage.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 7:53 am
Sounds like a hydrocele, and there is no reason to freak out. Yes, it should be looked at, but it's not an emergency that needs to be addressed today.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 9:09 am
Thanks all for your info advice and feedback. I will keep him home from school tomorrow and get this checked out. Will keep y'all posted.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 6:18 pm
Went to doctor today and he diagnosed it as a hernia. So now we need to do surgery to correct it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics