Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Taking newborn out in 100 deg weather
Previous  1  2

Tehilla

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 7:03 pm
Ashrei wrote:
I've never seen babies in situations like you were describing, un-shaded etc. Hope I never do!

I hope you didn't think I meant "your" as in YOU personally! You sound like quite a concerned and considerate mommy. I meant it as a general you. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

TehillaHadassah

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 7:32 pm
This thread was already starting to worry me considering all the things to watch instead of just waiting out the heat for everyone's safety. But this just came into my inbox for NYC. This was the first I had seen the word Severe:

severe

Heat Advisory
View Details Below

...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT WEDNESDAY...

A HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT WEDNESDAY.

HIGH TEMPERATURES WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON ARE EXPECTED TO REACH IN THE MID TO UPPER 90S...WITH HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 100 TO 104 DEGREES. OVERNIGHT LOWS WILL BE IN THE LOWER 80S TONIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HEAT ADVISORY IS ISSUED FOR NEW YORK CITY WHEN HIGH HUMIDITY IS EXPECTED TO COMBINE WITH HOT TEMPERATURES TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE IT IS AT LEAST 95 DEGREES FOR TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS OR 100 DEGREES FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR- CONDITIONED ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN...AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

NEW YORK CITY RESIDENTS SHOULD CALL 3-1-1 TO IDENTIFY COOLING CENTER LOCATIONS AND TO OBTAIN BEAT THE HEAT SAFETY TIPS.

Good luck getting through the heat spell with little one's. All you young mommies.[b]

valley girl

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
It makes me very angry I see too many frum mothers taking fair skinned babies out in the sun w/o a hat ...

well what about newborns all bundled and swaddled in 100 degree weather?? babies dressed for fall when its disgustingly hot and humid? I see it around here, frum mothers and non jews too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics