Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eye Exercise

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 10:35 pm
My sons eye turns in when he tries to focus on something to the side of him. The medical term is esotropia. Something like a lazy eye.
I went to the doctor today and he recommended either eye exercises (vision therapy) or surgery. I am wondering if anyone here has done eye therapy and if it was successful as it only has a 50/50 percent chance of correcting the issue. The cost is about $3000 for the recommended 6 months of therapy and is not covered by insurance, so I am wondering if I should take this approach as it is not putting my son under the knife.

pecan

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:30 pm
I am doing vision therapy with my son now, but we've done it only 5 times so far and it does take time to work. I did speak to a few people who found that it helped. For me, insurance covers it which is why I'm doing it there, despite hearing of other places that may be better.
I think you may be able to purchase the computer program from a doctor who uses it. If you are in New York, I will be happy to give you more information.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 10:25 am
Thank you, Pecan.
Yes, I am in NY and Yes I would be very interested in finding out about the computer program. Do you know anyone that had success with the computer program?
Also, which insurance do you have that covers it? I would look into changing to a different insurance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics