Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Besides restaurants, what can adults do in or nr NYC daytime

Mevater

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 12:15 pm
Please offer any ideas for now, during three weeks and after as well. Ill consider anything within an hour riving or slightly more.

louche

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 12:40 pm
New York is Museum City. You can spend all day and never leave Museum Mile on Fifth Avenue. There's the Frick, Guggenheim, Metropolitan (actually you could spend all day and never leave the Met, it's so huge), Jewish Museum, Museum of the City of NY, plus you can go across the Park to the Natural History (another huge one that can fill a whole day) and the NY Historical Society and while you're there visit the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue. Further downtown in the teens on the west side there's the Center for Jewish History which includes the YU Museum and in the same building another museum the name of which I forgot. These are small. Way downtown near the battery is the Holocaust Museum. That's only a sampling; there are scads of others. Many museums are closed on Mondays, I think.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 12:45 pm
I recommend Neue Gallery as well. My favourite is Metropolitan's American Wing with Tiffany windows. Also go visit Ellis Island--excellent museum there with history of immigration/immigrants. If the weather is nice, strolling Central Park is lovely.

mimimom

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 1:13 pm
There's SO much! If you like the outdoors, try one of the parks or wildlife preserves,( Marine Park, Gateway National Seashore) or zoos/botanical gardens. And there's the Intrepid museum on the West Side in Manhattan, and many, many other museums as well(American Indian, Jewish Heritage, Natural History, Police, Fire Department). The Transit Museum in downtown Brooklyn is great for subway buffs. Or Luna Park (newly renovated)/Coney Island. Oh, how about the Circle Line, that sails around Manhattan, or, for a really cheap time, the Staten Island Ferry back and forth from Battery Park (think that sets you back about 50 cents). Then there's the Tenement Museum and the Eldridge Street synagogue on the Lower East Side.That's just off the top of my head. Do a few google searches and you 'll find enough to occupy you for the next 100 years!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 1:18 pm
Boat ride
empire state building and sky ride
shopping!
central park/ boating
tons more!

Mevater

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 1:21 pm
Thanks! I love museums but my favorite is the Metropolitan's European Wing with the room settings. I can see that over and over.

Anyone know of good antiquing spots in or near NYC?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries