Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is it important to buy shoes immediately when baby starts wa
Previous  1  2

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:22 pm
Tehilla wrote:
mama-star wrote:
no, let the kid be barefoot for as long as possible

I agree. My baby is almost 2 and still spends most of the day blissfully barefoot. My girls tend to remove their shoes and run around in tights when I'm not looking.

As for me, that was one of the hardest things to get used to when becoming frum. I grew up barefoot. When I started wearing tights, I still wanted to run around in the tights without shoes because it was so much more comfortable for me. People kept pointing out the reason not to and I managed to train myself to shoes, but am somewhat consoled by wearing house slippers.
can you explain? whats the reason for shoes? I go barefoot a lot of the time???

Tehilla

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:27 pm
Not walking in bare or stockinged feet because an oveil/es removes shoes. I believe that was what quoted to me a 100 times or so.

It was (and deep down) still is quite difficult. I used to roam the yard outside barefoot.

Inspired

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 2:38 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Tehilla wrote:
mama-star wrote:
no, let the kid be barefoot for as long as possible

I agree. My baby is almost 2 and still spends most of the day blissfully barefoot. My girls tend to remove their shoes and run around in tights when I'm not looking.

As for me, that was one of the hardest things to get used to when becoming frum. I grew up barefoot. When I started wearing tights, I still wanted to run around in the tights without shoes because it was so much more comfortable for me. People kept pointing out the reason not to and I managed to train myself to shoes, but am somewhat consoled by wearing house slippers.
can you explain? whats the reason for shoes? I go barefoot a lot of the time???

stocking feet are a simin aveilus.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics