Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need help planning vacation

busydev

Post Tue, Jul 13 2010, 6:02 pm
Hi.

We are trying to plan a small vacation. we wanted to do it either around the weekend of July 31st or August 7th.

Here is the deal.
We live in Chicago. We would like to visit my inlaws in Detroit for shabbos.
We would like to do something either wed, thurs and then go to detroit on Fri. or go to detroit on fri (from chicago) and then do something sun and mon.

We were thinking of finding a place within a 4 hour drive of both Chicago and Detroit (Either in Michigan or Indiana.) We would try to find a cheap hotel (priceline here we come!) for wed and thurs night and find somethings to do thurs and fri morning. (or go to detroit on fri and find a hotel for sun and mon- prob cheaper to do it before shabbos tho)

we like the outdoors. so maybe a nice hike. nature park. boating. a zoo. a museum (in case of rain). any other ideas that arent to expensive....

so does any one have any ideas of a place to go. we would like the "attractions" to be within an hours drive from the place we would stay.

So what city/town do we look into for sleeping? and where can we go from there?

TIA

YoYo

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 6:31 am
Indianapolis has a fantastic children's museum that my siblings and I liked as kids.
There's also conner's prairie somewhere between West Lafayette and Indianapolis (can't say I know where it is, I was still a kid when we went there) which is really fun - a whole reconstructed prairie town, complete with costumed actors. That's good for all ages. There's also hikes all around the state - along the Wabash river, in happy hollow park....
(my experience comes from visiting my grandparents who lived in West Lafayette until a few years ago. They where the first house with a mezuza and a kosher kitchen as you drove into town Very Happy )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics