Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Infected Pimple

malky800

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:06 pm
My daughter has moluscum pimples and tonight I noticed she has this large red circle area around a pimple. bright red, a bit raised and hot.

at what point do I run to the doctor, or just wait it out and see what happens?

Simple1

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:38 pm
Infections can be dangerous if not treated, so it can't hurt to call the doctor sooner rather than later. You can put anti-bacterial cream in the meantime.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:48 pm
Put bactroban on it. (it comes by prescription) . When my son had this, the bactroban was always effective. (Once you get the prescription, you won't need to go to the doctor every time a pus pimple appears.)

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 1:42 am
Try the cream, but if it doesn't work, you should go to a doctor. Sometimes these things need oral anti biotics.

CrunchyNotFlakey

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 3:32 am
molluscum is a viral "pimple" (ok, it's technically a wart)
if you suspect a secondary bacterial infection, use POLYSPORIN or "double antibiotic" (not neosporin, or "triple antibiotic")

If that doesn't work, go to a doctor. If you see red streaks emanating from the wound, or if you child developes a fever (even if the area looks better), go the ER IMMEDIATELY.

mummyto2

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 8:12 am
not sure what a viral pimple is and I dont mean to scare, but my sister had a pimple that got infected and hurt so she went to the doctor and it was a lifesaving decision because she had mrsa infection. please call a doctor just to be on the safe side.

malky800

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 11:59 am
I'm trying to see if it's just because it looks like the pimple is ready to burst, that the area around just got inflamed, more than infected.

SingALong

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 2:45 pm
maybe check with the dr to make sure it's not a bee/mosquito/spider bite that could have gotten infected. an insect bite that gets infected could need antibiotic treatment asap

mommyofboys

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 4:04 pm
The way you explain it, it looks to me like a staph infection. Staph infection needs a specific ointment & oral antibiotics. It's really dangerous & contagious if left untreated. It can cause serious issues. I would just call the doctor to rule it out.

malky800

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 10:05 pm
So I ran in to the doctor right before Shabbos and she said it was infected. Actually I had make a mark around the redness and by the time she got there the area had spread even more.

So b'h we got a perscription right before I bentched licht.

mommyofboys

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 10:06 pm
What is the name of the medication? did the ped say what kind of infection it is?

malky800

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 10:47 pm
Medicine was cephalex, or something along those lines.
I don't know exactly what the infection was, becuase my husband took her to the dr.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics