Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chassidish cheders in Monsey
1  2  Next

Sugar plum

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 7:35 pm
Hi, my son is two and I want to start researching schools. We are what I guess would be termed "modern" chassidish. My husband wears a shtriemel and bekeshe on shabbos and trims his beard. I want to start looking now so that if the school has a nursery program, I can send my son next year when he is three. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

amother

Post Sat, Jul 17 2010, 11:15 pm
I think you should look into Atres Tzvi. It has more 'modern' type of chassidim there. They also gave a good English program ( if that's something your interested in).

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 1:02 am
I second Ateres Tzvi. But you only spoke about your levush mainly. What other things are important to you?

Sugar plum

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 1:52 pm
My brothers attend ateres tzvi. While I'm happy with the school overall, I am not at all happy with the menahel. Thank you for your replies. Does anyone know if the rebbes at bais dovid raise their hands to the kids? Someone told me and I want to find out if it's true before looking into the school further.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 3:06 pm
Bais Dovid is not really a place for 'modern' chassidim. Its more yeshivish/neutral but pretty 'frum'. They will give you a hard time if your husband trims his beard. Have you looked into munkatch? I would also second Ateres Tzvi, but I do agree with you on the menahel. As an aside, Bais Dovid does not have a nursery, the kid has to be 4 to enter kindergarten. Munkatch does have one.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 3:39 pm
mc7406 wrote:
My brothers attend ateres tzvi. While I'm happy with the school overall, I am not at all happy with the menahel. Thank you for your replies. Does anyone know if the rebbes at bais dovid raise their hands to the kids? Someone told me and I want to find out if it's true before looking into the school further.

I don't think your kids will be accepted in BD. They don't want that crowd. It's for a different crowd as IYam said.

There's Imrei Shefer. Look into that.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 3:40 pm
delete place.

Last edited by 5S5Sr7z3 on Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 3:49 pm
My brothers went to Bais Dovid. My father, and at least half the parent body has neatly trimmed beards. I know a clean shaven father there got some comments, so he grew a short beard to "fit in", but they are definitely not looking only for long and untrimmed beards.

Also, bais Dovid does have a nursery, which opened about 3 or 4 years ago, with female teachers.

The menahel in the younger grades is great, and anti potching. The menahel for 4th and up is the old european style who supports potching.

Bais Dovid is a mix of FRUMMER Litvish/yeshivish/heimish/chassidish.

You description seems like you are the type to send to Vien.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 4:00 pm
, IYKWIM

Last edited by 5S5Sr7z3 on Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 4:02 pm
watermelon wrote:
My brothers went to Bais Dovid. My father, and at least half the parent body has neatly trimmed beards. I know a clean shaven father there got some comments, so he grew a short beard to "fit in", but they are definitely not looking only for long and untrimmed beards.

Also, bais Dovid does have a nursery, which opened about 3 or 4 years ago, with female teachers.

The menahel in the younger grades is great, and anti potching. The menahel for 4th and up is the old european style who supports potching.

Bais Dovid is a mix of FRUMMER Litvish/yeshivish/heimish/chassidish.

You description seems like you are the type to send to Vien.

I wasn't referring to the beards in BD at all. I don't think they look squarely at that. But they generally do not accept 'modern chasidish' crowd.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 4:43 pm
LG - all that matters is levush and presentation Wink Twisted Evil

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 5:23 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
LG - all that matters is levush and presentation Wink Twisted Evil

Hah!

gittys

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 6:15 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Bais Dovid is not really a place for 'modern' chassidim. Its more yeshivish/neutral but pretty 'frum'. They will give you a hard time if your husband trims his beard. Have you looked into munkatch? I would also second Ateres Tzvi, but I do agree with you on the menahel. As an aside, Bais Dovid does not have a nursery, the kid has to be 4 to enter kindergarten. Munkatch does have one.
Thnanks I was really thinking about sending them thier

gittys

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 6:17 pm
mc7406 wrote:
I think thats the only place that would take you..mabe mabe Munkatch..if you could throw some$$$

amother

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 6:20 pm
Is it true that most Cheiders in Monsey do support "potch"?
Gevalt!!

gittys

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
Is it true that most Cheiders in Monsey do support "potch"?
Gevalt!!
the only one I really know that does is Viznitz

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 6:45 pm
mc7406 wrote:
Hi, my son is two and I want to start researching schools. We are what I guess would be termed "modern" chassidish. My husband wears a shtriemel and bekeshe on shabbos and trims his beard. I want to start looking now so that if the school has a nursery program, I can send my son next year when he is three. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Btw, if your son is two, it isn't time to start researching, but to register already. Very Happy

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 10:15 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
STAY AWAY from Imrei Shufer. I will not post publicly, as it might be loshon hora, but you can PM me if you want more details on the place.

I actually heard nice things about Imrei Shefer. For the right person it might be the right place.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 9:26 am
happyone wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
STAY AWAY from Imrei Shufer. I will not post publicly, as it might be loshon hora, but you can PM me if you want more details on the place.

I actually heard nice things about Imrei Shefer. For the right person it might be the right place.

Last edited by 5S5Sr7z3 on Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sugar plum

Post Mon, Jul 19 2010, 11:56 am
This has been a great help. Do you have more information about Munkatch?

I'm looking for a hiemish school with a good english program. My husband went to sqvere cheder but not yeshiva gedolah. I went to bais yaakov but my family is a big mix of all types of chassidus. I drive and do wear jean skirts (nothing tight, short, etc. very tznius). Thanks again for all your help.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics