Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Baltimore

Depressed

Post Wed, Jul 21 2010, 7:57 pm
Does anyone know of an affordable motel in Baltimore walking distance to a shul...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 6:49 am
No one really stays in motels over Shabbos here...there is a Bed and Breakfast I see advertised, though.

zipporah

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 7:31 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
No one really stays in motels over Shabbos here...there is a Bed and Breakfast I see advertised, though.

Based on the other ongoing conversation in this folder: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....21714 I wouldn't be surprised that OP is looking for a hotel. Is there a particular reason you'd prefer a hotel or B&B, OP?

Edited to include link.

theotherone

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 9:29 am
http://www.virtualcities.com/o.....1.htm

this is the only one I'm aware of.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 9:34 am
(Well there is a Howard Johnson near Reisterstown and Slade, but not a great neighborhood.
You can walk from the Pikesville Hilton to NIRC...)

Depressed

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:39 pm
zipporah wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Based on the other ongoing conversation in this folder: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....21714 I wouldn't be surprised that OP is looking for a hotel. Is there a particular reason you'd prefer a hotel or B&B, OP?

Edited to include link.

Its funny to mention that thread, when I originally read it, I was thinking that when DH was single, he was in Baltimore for Succos, and saw a sign in the shul , the Hachnasas Orhim apt is not meant to be a solution to the growing homeless problem in the Orthodox community. That was 15 years ago.

When we went to Kansas 8 summers ago, we wanted to spend Shabbos in Overland Park, and was told there is a whole baseball team from Israel, and no one has room. So we went to St Louis, and the Chabad Rabbi, told us to stay in a fancy hotel in Clayton that was 300$ for fri and sat night. It was the end of our trip , and we barely had $ for gas. B"h, we went to the next frum n-hood in St Louis , and just showed up in the shul and met a former neighbor of ours who was living there a few years and he put us up for Shabbos.

Once we were in West Hartford Ct, on a Fri, must of called 2 dozen ppl, listed on the Cheed list, and was turned down by everyone. Luckily it was still early, we drove an hour and a half to Kasho, NY , and they were fighting with each other to host us.

In Monsey, Skvere, Tosh, Nitro, we never had a problem, they couldnt be nicer, but in all the OOT places. its been unpleasant...

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 12:47 pm
I guess you called Overland Park on a bad weekend or didn't bother calling all the shuls. Being from the city, I've never seen a place that's more welcoming and makes a constant effort to place people that need Shabbos hospitality. It's a small community, so if there was a baseball team in town, it's very likely that houses were completely full, and if you called just one shul, they may not have informed you that there are two other shuls to call.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 5:50 pm
Depressed: The closest hotel (Econolodge Howard Johnson's) would not be my first choice here in Baltimore. the Pikesville Hilton is a little farther but is a better hotel. The local bed and breakfast sounds nice and is frum. Here's a link: Bina's bed and Breakfast

There is also lot of Shabbos hospitality here. Our shul (Agudah of Greenspring) has Shabbos hospitality as do others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics