Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone take out tonsils and adenoids in a child uder 2

Classicookie

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 10:18 pm
I was told my 15 months old need to get out her tonsils and adenoids and doing the surgery at that age is not a fast thing but they would keep her over night there are good reasons to do the surgery but I am nevos to go about doing it so young

Sharon8310

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:03 pm
I had my sons out when he was five. Can they wait for a little while longer?

Rodent

Post Tue, Jul 27 2010, 11:40 pm
No experience myself but my mother had them out at this age and they regrew, she had them out a second time at age 4.

momto4

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 12:44 am
my son had his tonsils out at 21 months. they kept him overnight in the ICU just to moniter his breathing an make sure there is no major swelling. he B:H was fine though. hatzlacha!

challi

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 10:44 am
my ds had his adnoids out at 11 months. It needed to be done and couldn't be put off. They waited on the tonsils though.

He stayed 1.5 days in the hospital and all was ok BH.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 7:06 pm
I would rather wait but we just found out she has sleep apena and stop beathing a lot in her sleep due to her enlarged tonisles and adniods but its prob for her best to do it now so she can finally breath normally while sleeping and awake but the idea of during the surgery on my 15 month old who is 15.9 pounds is neveraking

bnm

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 7:09 pm
mom2zahava wrote:
I would rather wait but we just found out she has sleep apena and stop beathing a lot in her sleep due to her enlarged tonisles and adniods but its prob for her best to do it now so she can finally breath normally while sleeping and awake but the idea of during the surgery on my 15 month old who is 15.9 pounds is neveraking

you mentioned that this kid had problems gaining wheight and reflux and other stuff. this surgery should help. it might make you nervouse but kids bounce back very quickly. my daughter had a procedure under general anestheia, we where home the same day, that afternoon she was back to herself already

challi

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:05 pm
mom2zahava wrote:

This is why we had ds's surgery as well. It was because of sleep apnea. I knew he would need another surgery for another issue so we held off on the tonsils and did them then. It makes such a difference in the sleeping and development of the child once it is corrected. I remember those noghts worrying that he would just stop breathing. I had to keep him upright. It was a nightmare.

IYH your dd will be ok. It wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be and my ds was only 11 months.

Feel free to PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics