Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Ponytail Sheitel
Previous  1  2

ny21

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 5:57 pm
I was in ConeyIsland and I saw a women wearing one !
I thought it looked realy cute.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 6:05 pm
only1 wrote:
gali wrote:
only1 wrote:
micki wrote:
Quote:
Many rabbonim say that a ponytail sheitel is assur. A sheitel shouldn't be longer than shoulder-length.

I am not even going to touch that one!

LOL me neither

LOL Some people!
Mummy, many rabbonim say that the internet is assur. But apparently, you're on here anyway because you don't follow those rabbonim. In the same way, please don't base what your Rav holds as the only accepted halachic ruling!

Well said Gali!

Yup. I would even say a ponytail sheitel would be tsniuser than a "loose" sheitel because it's even less "show off".
Anyway... there's nothing tacky in a ponytail sheitel...

red sea

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 6:05 pm
if its really windy or hot I sometimes pull my "hair" back into a ponytail. not all rabbanim hold like that mummy, I've seen chareidim in israel with ponytail wigs but maybe they were more modern chareidim, who knows.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 6:06 pm
micki wrote:
don't presume people wear it because they asked a shaila.
I wear a jean skirt- did I ask if its permitted? I wear clogs- maybe I should ask about that too.
I have a garden - should I ask if I can have that?
why would you think its NOT permitted?

Yes

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 6:08 pm
GR wrote:
going to amusement parks ( I was told quite emphatically: Only the Chilonim do that!), and others.

When I was in the Luna Park, there were many people with sheitels, tights, payes...

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 8:15 am
micki wrote:
Quote:
Many rabbonim say that a ponytail sheitel is assur. A sheitel shouldn't be longer than shoulder-length.

I guess I would not touch it except to say. I asked my Rabbi, lubavitch, and he said that Lubavitch does not hold by this so not to worry.

this concerned me a bit, because I am looking for a shidduch. He kind of smiled, and said not to worry that my time will come soon. Smile Honestly, when I ware it in a pony tail, my mother is a l ittle less freaked out. She says it looks more "natural" and alot of her "friends" do not believe it's a wig. (aka she is more comfortable being seen with me)

tzivi

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 8:52 am
Ruchel wrote:
only1 wrote:
gali wrote:
only1 wrote:
micki wrote:
Quote:

LOL me neither

LOL Some people!
Mummy, many rabbonim say that the internet is assur. But apparently, you're on here anyway because you don't follow those rabbonim. In the same way, please don't base what your Rav holds as the only accepted halachic ruling!

Well said Gali!

Yup. I would even say a ponytail sheitel would be tsniuser than a "loose" sheitel because it's even less "show off".

Is that your psak?

tzivi

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 8:54 am
mummyof6 wrote:

I have also heard this said. Apparently, it is not tzniusdik because it may look too real. I am just passing on what I have heard, but all means have a go at me too for expressing what I have heard.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 8:55 am
tzivi wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
only1 wrote:
gali wrote:
only1 wrote:
micki wrote:
Quote:

LOL me neither

LOL Some people!

Well said Gali!

Is that your psak?

Not mine, but many rebbeim say it's better even for a single girl to have a ponytail than loose hair, so this would be the same case here. Personally I don't care as I wore my hair loose as a single girl and as I don't wear a sheitel.
What's your problem?

tzivi

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 8:59 am
Quote:
many rebbeim say it's better even for a single girl to have a ponytail than loose hair, so this would be the same case here

yup, sounds like a psak to me.

Just because Rabbonim say one thing in one case, I.e. single girls, it does not mean that you can immediately take that to mean something completely different in a totally different case.

Quote:
Personally I don't care as I wore my hair loose as a single girl and as I don't wear a sheitel.

And that sounds like you disregard what Rabbonim say anyway.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 9:03 am
tzivi wrote:
Quote:
many rebbeim say it's better even for a single girl to have a ponytail than loose hair, so this would be the same case here

yup, sounds like a psak to me.

Just because Rabbonim say one thing in one case, I.e. single girls, it does not mean that you can immediately take that to mean something completely different in a totally different case.

Quote:
Personally I don't care as I wore my hair loose as a single girl and as I don't wear a sheitel.

There are rebbeim who say loose hair is ok and any hair covering is good, but I'm not going to argue with you.
Dear, find another person to annoy, thank you Smile

tzivi

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 9:09 am
Why is that that when some people have nothing more to say they have to finish off with a stupid comment.

And, I didn't realise that having an opinion was annoying a person.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 11:03 am
tzivi wrote:
Why is that that when some people have nothing more to say they have to finish off with a stupid comment.

And, I didn't realise that having an opinion was annoying a person.

I like hearing other opinions. But I don't like being attacked, don't play the innocent please...

Quote:
Is that your psak?

Quote:

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 11:40 am
Ruchel wrote:

but many rebbeim say it's better even for a single girl to have a ponytail than loose hair, so this would be the same case here. Personally I don't care as I wore my hair loose as a single girl and as I don't wear a sheitel.

As regards the rabbanim who say this (we go by them) a single girl is not allowed to wear her hair loose if it is past shoulder length as well. I.e. a single girl with long hair must put it into a pony tail or a braid.

I.e. a married woman is stricter - she can only wear shorter than shoulder length, whatever way the sheitel is; a single girl can have short, loose hair or long tied-back.

I'm just explaining what we do - obviously everyone needs to ask their own rav.

Could I also ask you to stop pasting the internet comment, without adding the answer which I gave a number of posts ago.

ronbonboo

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:33 pm
My rebbetzins sheitel is past her shoulders, my former rabbi pre marriage also his wifes sheitel went bellow their shoulders and their daughters and dil all wore long sheitels. I don't care what other rabbis say I care what mine says. The Sephardi say no sheitel and lubavitch say only sheitel. Our bais hamikdash was destroyed from sinas chinam not long sheitels. :-)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels