Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
What are the top Ten ways to ruin a shidduch!?
1  2  3  Next

ny21

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 8:40 am
what are the top ten reasons you may have ruined a shidduch
BEFORE YOU GOT MARRIED!

Last edited by ny21 on Mon, Mar 12 2012, 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

yoyosma

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 9:01 am
Letting your in-laws involve you in wedding plans!!!
(not a joke)

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 9:20 am
did not like the same music

amother

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 9:43 am
listening to your parents bad mouth your chosson after you're engaged, when they were the ones who "set you up" with him, and not stopping them.

anonymous because this happened with me and it would be loshon hora about my mother. thank g-d I didn't let it get to me and am happily married for many years.

queen

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 11:02 am
shock (re above post) sorry you have had a rough time.

ButterflyGarden

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 11:18 am
We know a guy who actually says this on his first dates. (he has not had very many second dates)

Girls fall into three categories. 10% are drop dead gorgeous, they are the girls you don't date because you are to nervous to say a word to them. 10% are so ugly that you can't look at them. Then there are the rest. You are in the middle and at the end of this relationship, I'll be able to figure out where you fit.

shock shock What Rolling Eyes Can you believe the chutzpah some people have?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 12:59 pm
anonymous because I'm really really embarassed:

I went out with a guy very much older than me ie: quite a bit more than 10yrs (I was VERY young). I was very naive and innocent (and now thinking back perhaps a little clueless) I asked him WHY he would want to go out and or marry someone so young at his age. Really I was just curious no bad feelings intended at all. Boy did he change the conversation quickly embarrassed

In my defense though, he had lied about his age, and so had everyone we asked about him. We figured out thay something was fishy and confronted the shadchan and found out the day I was supposed to go out with him. Guess it was a deal breaker on both sides.

shayna82

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 1:07 pm
A guy I went out with on a first date, took me around the city and said- "I can buy you that care, or that car, or that car, infact I can buy you all of them"

I was like, O my g-d. get me out of here. I was really surprised. He was from a well known aidel family in ch, and I didnt expect it at all.

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 1:12 pm
When I was first going on shidduchim... seems like years ago..

One of the men I met, in a hotel lobby.. I walked up and he said, I am not kidding he really said this. Please note at the time I was like a size 6.

"Your not skinny enough, why would they set me up with you?"

challi

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 1:37 pm
I had a guy tell me on a date that he was so desparate to get married that as long as a girl was willing to keep her mind open to MAYBE being frum he would marry her. Then he told me that his ideal wife would have many children which she must keep quiet and out of his way AT ALL TIMES. The whole date I wondered why he would tell this to a frum girl sitting infront of him he should have kept that to himself(I could understand why he would if I wasn't already frum)

I don't think anyone wants to know that the only reason someone wants to date you is their own sense of desparation shock

amother

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 1:48 pm
I dated a guy who on the first date (the botanical gardens in the summer) brought a towel to mop up his sweat. shock

the worst part is that when I told the story to my husband he said it was a good thing we went out in the winter because he would have done the same thing. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 1:50 pm
Tell the guy that your goal is to become "amother" of Imamother.com

ButterflyGarden

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 3:04 pm
One guy after the first date informed me that I should call my parents so we could pick a date for the wedding. shock Now, I'm not into long dating, but come on!

chen

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 1:25 pm
This IS a game, right? OK, this is assuming the dealbreaker is a guy:

1. Flirt with her mother
2. Flirt with her sister
3. Flirt with her brother
4 Call your mother during a date
5. Bring your kid brother along on a date
6. Tell her you have to be married by this Thursday in order to claim an inheritance
7.Tell her you have to bring her back by 8.30 because you have another shidduch at 9.00 across town
8. Tell her you will make all the major decisions but she has free rein when it comes to choosing what color TP to buy.
9. Admit that you are in therapy for a gambling addiction, but "I'll bet you $20 the shadchan didn't mention it."
10. Tell her that before you became frum your name used to be Lola.

Motek

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 1:27 pm
shayna82 wrote:
A guy I went out with on a first date, took me around the city and said- "I can buy you that care, or that car, or that car, infact I can buy you all of them"

I was like, O my g-d. get me out of here.

Why? You don't like cars? Wink

shayna82

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 1:31 pm
O I love cars, especially those convertibles. But thats not the point, LOL... you dont talk like that to a girl on a first date, he was sooo desperate it was coming out of his ears. besides he was too short for me and not good looking in my opinion. in fact, there were other things that went wrong too. a 5 hour date lasted until I told him I had school the next day and to please take me home, which he did after asking if I wantd to go out to eat with him at 11:30 at night. I was so sick that night from it. what was he thinking?

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 7:33 pm
I was going out with someone, and the 3rd date or so he just did not turn up! He was up all night the night before helping his parents pack or something, so he just slept through.

Rolling Eyes

He was very apologetic but needless to say, things did not go further.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 7:35 pm
drive the wrong direction and hit his head saying "stupid me stupid me"....

realeez

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 8:09 pm
wipe your hands with baby wipes when you get in the car and really not know what they are used for

take her to a restaurant and obviously point her out to some of your other guy friends

take her out on a really hot day in washington DC and not buy a drink until she goes ahead to one

walk ahead of her in a museum while she is looking at stuff, only realize a few minutes later and have to go back and find her. repeat a few times. no of course she wasn't doing this on purpose Wink

laugh at a joke and five minutes later say "what did u say?"

all these wonderful qualities are packed into one guy - good luck to him!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 4:12 am
chen wrote:
This IS a game, right? OK, this is assuming the dealbreaker is a guy:

1. Flirt with her mother
2. Flirt with her sister
3. Flirt with her brother
4 Call your mother during a date
5. Bring your kid brother along on a date
6. Tell her you have to be married by this Thursday in order to claim an inheritance
7.Tell her you have to bring her back by 8.30 because you have another shidduch at 9.00 across town
8. Tell her you will make all the major decisions but she has free rein when it comes to choosing what color TP to buy.
9. Admit that you are in therapy for a gambling addiction, but "I'll bet you $20 the shadchan didn't mention it."
10. Tell her that before you became frum your name used to be Lola.

looooool at 3!!!!!

5 could work for a very children oriented girl, 7 if the inheritance is huge why not Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics