Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
14 month old sweats alot -problem?

kalsee

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 2:16 am
My daughter is about 14 months, and since she's a baby she really suffers from the heat.
Lately I'm noticing that she really sweats alot, and the smell is really bad.

An hour after a good bath her hair usually has a sweaty smell to it, and waking up from a nap she stinks like an adult who hasn't showered in a week.
I keep a fan on her, and dress her cool, her hair is pretty short.

Is this a problem? Should I check this out with a doctor? Or do some kids just sweat more than others and it's normal?

kalsee

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 7:13 am
bump. Anyone?

suomynona

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 7:37 am
I have this issue with my almost 3 year old. I don't notice any smell, but she gets red and sweaty after being outside for 2 minutes, literally. Her hair is plastered to her head in this weather.
I really feel bad for her when she is a teenager and has to deal with this.

MommytoB

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 10:02 am
My babies/toddlers were always huge sweaters. Too the point that after nap time it looked like they just took a bath! Doctor said it was high metabolism that caused it...Sweating in the heat is not a problem, it is the bodies way of cooling off. Not sweating is b/c that would raise the body's core temperature.

alwayzbizzy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 10:11 am
Yeah - my 18 month old is like that since she's a NEWBORN! we were freaking out when we saw her sweating at 2 weeks (in mid-winter - dressed in undershirt with some heating on) we're both hot people so I guess it's genetic??????
anywya, like MommytoB says 'metabolism'

sim

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 11:14 am
Does the sweat taste very salty? Has she had coughs with her colds this past winter? If so, you definitely should see a doctor. Otherwise, it's probably just her body's nature.

kalsee

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 2:29 am
I don't taste her sweat. She might have had coughs with a cold, but that's normal isn't it?

sim

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 7:36 am
Coughs with a cold are normal, but if she's had episodes of wheezing, exessive sweating, and salty sweat it is definitely a medical issue and you should make a point of tasting it if you are worried.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:43 am
Kalsee, my 14 month old is the same! I bathe him daily, and he still always stinks from sweat, and his hair looks all gross and greasy. Maybe we should introduce them to each other... Wink

kalsee

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 2:42 am
Very Happy LOL Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics