Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Triangle K

mrsERK

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:39 pm
Do people eat anything by triangle K?

I see things like Mott's applesauce and Contadina canned tomato products and I wonder if there is anything wrong with them. I dont buy them - but I always wonder whether I can.

Thoughts?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:44 pm
Hungarian's in Chicago carried one product that was TriangleK Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce, so I was told that it was accepted by the CRC, so I used that.
I hope its still acceptable cause I still use it, but dont live there anymore so I hope its still ok to use.

jaysmom

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:
Hungarian's in Chicago carried one product that was TriangleK Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce, so I was told that it was accepted by the CRC, so I used that.
I hope its still acceptable cause I still use it, but dont live there anymore so I hope its still ok to use.

I generally do not buy triangle k but I was also tol that ocean spray cranberry sauce was okay.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 6:24 pm
I heard that triangle K is now acceptable. You should call the OU or the star-k.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 6:26 pm
I was told that all ocean spray w/ triangle k are ok to use. Not sure of anything else though.

mrsERK

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 7:31 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I heard that triangle K is now acceptable. You should call the OU or the star-k.

If you dont mind my asking, who did you hear that from?

I will call, though.

OheivYisrael

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 8:17 pm
My Rav told me a while back that for Triangle K, I can use products that do not have oil, but to stay away from those that do. That means that Oceanspray is fine (for me).
I thought that was a very strange psak, and that was the only hechsher that he ever divided up like that, but I see based on above responses that it's not so unusual...

Annie

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 10:01 pm
it's the half-moon K that's now okay per the CRC (and the OU, I think). As far as I know triangle K still has issues with things other than fruit products. Best just to call the CRC, they'll usually give you an answer over the phone about a specific product.

superwoman

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 10:46 pm
Annie wrote:
it's the half-moon K that's now okay per the CRC (and the OU, I think). As far as I know triangle K still has issues with things other than fruit products. Best just to call the CRC, they'll usually give you an answer over the phone about a specific product.

Very true

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 7:41 am
We use triangle-K raisins (SunMaid) but not for Pesach (though it says triangle-K-P). That's about the only product we find here with that hechsher.

MrsMom

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 9:16 am
Triangle K is the official hashgacha of Hebrew National, which is NOT Glatt.

It has been said that triangle k is only ok for things like juice which will not change. they are known to check once and not check on them again.

http://www.hebrewnational.com/.....n.jsp

Mommy F.

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 1:05 pm
what about all those triangle K cakes, cookies, pastries . . .

amother

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 2:08 pm
I was told a while ago by a mashgiach that the Rabbi who started triangle K means well, but he gives his hashgochos over the phone...

jaysmom

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 4:26 pm
Mommy F. wrote:
what about all those triangle K cakes, cookies, pastries . . .

no can do.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 5:51 pm
Mrs Bissli wrote:
We use triangle-K raisins (SunMaid) but not for Pesach (though it says triangle-K-P). That's about the only product we find here with that hechsher.

CYLOR about raisins year round (not Pesach) and what's necessary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen