Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cholent explosion!!

Batsheva

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 8:19 pm
does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to clean the inside of the crock pot????
our cholent exploded-well leaked out all over the place on shabbos, so the inside is just a mess - urgh.
beside steel wool any ideas?

zuncompany

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 9:34 pm
dawn power dissolver

spray the insides and let it sit for 15-20 mins. Than take a sponge and scrub. Might have to do it 2 or three times if its really thick. Works really well!!

sara

Sunshine

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 10:22 pm
Let it soak for a while in water and baking soda. It gets the glued/burned on chulent off.

miriam

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 10:26 pm
Awww, Batsheva, I was looking forward to a really funny story with the title, CHOLENT EXPLOSION.

supermom

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 3:22 am
Agree with miriam. But what I do is take water and soap put in crockpot and heat it up until it bubbles. let it cool off and wala all of the mess should come off

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 11:06 am
Super would you know I do the same thing..... great minds think alike Very Happy

myomi

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 11:35 am
try crock pot liners,,,there is no mess to clean up after,just toss the bag.they should be availabe I nthe grocery store,in montreal I know they are available in kosher bakeries.

Rivk

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 4:54 pm
Do you mean the inside like the metal part - the crock pot itself - not the insert?

Batsheva

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:25 pm
thanx everbody for the advice, but rivk - you're on the ball, it was the metal part (that can't be soaked) of the crock pot not the actual pot -
hmmmm...well speaking of explosions - I gotta go - my baby just leaked all over - hope I can get the crock pot back to normal by friday. having a nice family over for shabbos for the first time(not so frum-yet) and want them to have that real cholent experience (and I don't mean any explosions) that ones for you miriam and supermom.

zuncompany

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:29 pm
B- try the dawn stuff.

sara

supermom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:52 am
freilich wrote:
Super would you know I do the same thing..... great minds think alike Very Happy

I agree Wink

princessmommy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 5:31 am
I heard that if you spray it with an oil spray before putting the cholent in it makes it easier to clean.

Last edited by princessmommy on Sun, Feb 27 2005, 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

BlumaG

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 10:47 am
this is for the crock part not for the metal , but if after shabbos when its empty fil up with water n put on high for a couple of hrs, gets all the hard stuff off

Yael

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 2:48 pm
now another question, how long does it take you to get around to actually washing out the cholent pot?

princessmommy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 5:32 pm
yael, do you mean how many shades of mold have to appear before we fight them?

imaamy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 5:46 pm
I have a cake dish with chocolate goo soaking. My husband does dishes but left this one for me! This thread has inspired me to go clean it.

Sunshine

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 7:00 pm
My husband washes it on Motzie Shabbos otherwise it smells not nice.

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 9:23 pm
if it is the metal part of the crockpot what would happen if you tried to use bleach? DOn't try it without asking someone else first it is just a suggestion of course. any way how did you manage to clean it at the end?

kutiepie

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 10:50 pm
What I do if I have a crock pot explosion , I get a new crock pot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen