Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Clean movie
Previous  1  2

Merrymom

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:34 am
"What About Bob" is one of the funniest movies ever and is totally clean.

When I'm pregnant and very careful about what I watch and hear I mainly stick to documentaries. I love shows like Top Chef, 30 Days, and other such reality shows and documentaries. They are actually very entertaining.

alwayzbizzy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 2:08 pm
'the guardian' - awesome!

Dev80

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 3:03 am
Mighty Ducks (my favorite is the 3rd, my husband loves the second )

I second "Remember the Titans"....I cried at the end!

Cars is greatt!

Finding Neverland (The life story of JM Barrie, the writer of Peter Pan, and how he got his inspiration, very well done with Johnny Depp. Does have a few women but dressed in early 1900 garb and no romance as far as I remember)

And of course, my all time favorite from HS...Finding Nemo!

Have fun!

4Sisters

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 7:03 am
ysydmom wrote:
ET is the cleanest movie I have ever seen. Even Newsies has a scene with a girl and guy in it. If you do a google search for pg13 or rated g movies you should get some good ideas.

How about some Disney ones? Toy Story, Cars? some of them are fun for adults as well.

Hmmm.....I have pretty mellow standards for movies, but I recently watched some of ET w. my kids and actually shut it off, which is very rare for our house. In one of the very early scenes, the kids are swearing (elementary kids)!

SO: YMMV (your mileage may vary). If watching w. kids, you may want to pre-watch. OP: your husband can probably deal w. the language Smile

baba

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 7:14 am
We just watch The great dictator, very funny.

immaville

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 7:16 am
What about pixar movies: monsters, inc. the incredibles, etc
Also, does your DH like sci-fi - there are several star wars movies
And all the Harry Potter movies if he likes those.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 7:19 am
Merrymom wrote:
"What About Bob" is one of the funniest movies ever and is totally clean.

When I'm pregnant and very careful about what I watch and hear I mainly stick to documentaries. I love shows like Top Chef, 30 Days, and other such reality shows and documentaries. They are actually very entertaining.

I haven't heard anyone mention this movie in years! Definitely hilarious!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 10:17 am
It depends what you call clean.
I am compiling a list of clean movies, but they may not be suitable if you cannot see what happens in the street.

farm

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 10:19 am
Sneakers. A bunch of guys who get hired by companies to hack into their systems and then help the company prevent hackers.

busydev

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 10:46 am
some national geographics are pretty clean. we watch them often and its a favorite. however- many about animals show them copopulating. sometimes you dont see much at all and sometimes its a little to much. (the wild side of dolphins was a little to much- but most of the whale ones were very good) but most are pretty ok- or no more then a minute.

they also have ones about cia, secret service etc that are very good and dont have and copopulation in them. and slot of the geographical ones are ok- like yellowtone, death valley etc... we just watched one about big sur california last night- it was stunning.

old yeller was mostly ok- there was one woman but very little and she was dressed pretty tznius. there is one scene where she says good bye to her hubby- but nothing to crazy- newsies is a LOT worse. its mostly about her sons and a dog (old yeller) there are also some other ones made around the same time- I dont think I watched them but they may be alright (swiss family robinson etc)

I love bambi- but if your husband is like mine it wont go over... (its really sweet)

I also second american tail (the mouse one- it was really cute)
and a fair amount of the older disney cartoon ones are alright (tho they can be kinda childish)- not the ones with woman (like cinderella etc) but I remember aristcats was ok (tho I watched it YEARS ago) you might want to check it out. you can probably get a blurb about it online somewhere- about most movies actually.

charlie chaplins are a riot- but most have woman. but they are really funny!! and also mr bean is pretty good as well.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 11:18 am
Did you see the blind side? It has two female characters but nothing questionable. I got DH to go see it and he is really not a big movie person. We saw it because a rabbi we talk to was so impressed by it. The message is very frum friendly.

malky800

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 11:41 am
What's clean out there , but still not violent?
I'll take a bit or kissing, but I can't stand those movies where all they do is curse and beat each other up.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 11:54 am
Rat race is clean.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 1:17 pm
I will have to respectfully disagree, Rat Race is OK compared to most of the filth these days but I still wouldn't call it clean. I guess it depends on your standards. It also has women, not particularly modest ones, which was a concern for OP.

There's a website that gives more details about potentially objectionable content in movies, but I forget what it's called. I think it's a Christian site actually but it thoroughly describes what to look out for in each movie so you can take any of the suggestions here and evaluate them yourself.

That said, I second the recommendation of UP! and 12 Angry Men. 2 very different movies so one of them should suit someone's taste! I also recommend Mrs. Doubtfire, but it does have women. Mostly one woman, and pretty tzniusdik if I recall correctly (been a while, she's a businesswoman). There's also a girl, young teenager maybe? Also pretty modest and innocent.

Peanut2

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 1:35 pm
Finding Nemo is amazing, and so is Monsters Inc. They are two of my favorite movies.
DH just saw monsters inc and loved it. and that's not like him at all. highly recommend!

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 1:46 pm
I loved Nemo too. A masterpiece in animation.
Shrek is another good one. I liked the first one best.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics