Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Have you ever seen a celebrity in real life?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 8:12 am
I was just reading an article about Carol Burnett and that's what made me think of this thread. I saw her once in an elevator in NY when I was on a date. I know I'm short, but wow, she's tall!! I also saw Alan Rosenberg on a flight to LA from NY. He was in business and I was in coach.

Chavelamomela

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 8:53 am
I was once at a (Jewish) wedding that John Voigt attended - DH and I got to chat with him briefly.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:00 am
I was at a wedding which jk rowling attended. (with her husband and daughter) I did not talk to her since I didn't think she wanted to be driven crazy. which I regret to this day!

JRKmommy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:17 am
Briefly spoke to Faye Dunaway at our local pharmacy, when we were living downtown and she was in Toronto for the film festival.

We got to know a local TV reporter since her daughter was in the same daycare as dd.

For Israelis: we stayed with Sigal Shachmon for a couple of weeks, just before she started "Gilgal HaMazal".

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:24 am
I went to Shulamith when The Cosby Show and the soap Another World taped across the street.

So yeah, I've seen famous people.

KAlex

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:32 am
My little brother and I were out for a walk on the 25th of December a few years ago and we saw Colm Meany (Irish actor probably best known in the US as O'Brien on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine). I told my brother that no, he could not ask for an autograph when the man was going into the cemetery (which lots of people were doing that day, presumably as it's seen as a family day - he wasn't actually going to a funeral, but still)!

rb

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:37 am
Saw Tom Welling from Smallville while in LA
Dave Winfield from the Yankees, on Rechov Yaffo in Israel of all places! My DH was alot more excited then I was.

frumluv

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:41 am
I work in Midtown near a lot of hotels, so I see celebs from time to time:
Jackie Mason
Anderson Cooper
Hoda Kotb
Brian McKnight (R&B singer)
Matthew Settle (from Gossip Girl)

Tamiri

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:52 am
I once saw a women walking in what seemed to be a baby-doll pajama top at the marina in Herzeliya. She looked great from behind, and was walking on stilettos. It was Pnina Rosenblum (only the Israelis will know who this is).
I was once at a seminar when I was in the army. The minister of Education, Zvulun Hammer z"l was speaking. I ran out when he was done to catch him and ask him where my Bagrut (end of HS test) results were, because too much time had passed and I hadn't received them. He took my name and ID number and... I got the results shortly after.
I visited with Rav Kahanaman z"l when my mother went to see him in Bnai Brak. He was a family friend.

JRKmommy

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 9:58 am
Oh, nearly forgot! I went to high school with Cameron Mathison and Jian Ghomeshi, and met the band Spirit of the West after one of their shows.

I also met Matisyahu at LimmudLA.

mommalah

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:02 am
I've seen Tony Danza in Manhattan and David Schwimmer filming a movie in Brooklyn.

ny21

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:07 am
I saw cindy crwaford the model in ny

ny21

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:10 am
I also saw JFK JR and Yoko Ono and Bing Cosby

simba

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:10 am
I have seen a lot. If you live in Los Angeles and go to the Grove or shopping in Bristol Farms you are sure to see someone. I usually do not even know there names, Just see paparazzi.

I was once getting a pedicure next to someone and the Paparazzi was outside taking pics of her. It must be really annoying.

Chavelamomela

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:15 am
I saw Chris Noth when they were filming the SATC movie around the block from my office!

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:24 am
Chavelamomela wrote:
I saw Chris Noth when they were filming the SATC movie around the block from my office!

I saw SJP while they were filming that movie.
I've seen an actor whose name I don't know and the actress Kim Raver from the show Lipstick Jungle.

I saw Blake Lively and Penn Badgley from Gossip Girl shopping at Barneys in NYC.

Last edited by Maya on Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:25 am
Chavelamomela wrote:

I'm not sure why this reminded me, but this reminded me that Jimmy Smits came into my mom's store to get something. I wasn't there at the time. I think he was picking up his nearby or something, but I do know that he went to Brooklyn college.

I've been to LA many times and never saw anyone.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:33 am
They film a very popular tv show (the star won an emmy) right in front of my house so we see famous people day and night during filming.
Too bad we are kosher otherwise we could eat all that FABULOUS food from their caterer---it smells divine!

We see famous people ALL the time. My son has a ton of pics on his facebook page. His favorite pics are him with Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler.

Barbara

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:42 am
I was invited to dinner at the home of an Oscar award-winning actress and her Emmy award-winning husband. It was Tisha B'Av.

I've seen a lot of other celebrities on the streets.

Chavelamomela

Post Thu, Aug 05 2010, 10:52 am
Barbara wrote:
I was invited to dinner at the home of an Oscar award-winning actress and her Emmy award-winning husband. It was Tisha B'Av.

Darn it!!!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics