Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Wesley Hills, NY
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 8:32 pm
I live in the Viener/berg/senter area and I like it. I only skimmed your post, op, but it sounds about right for you- but I think you're on the young side for the neighborhood. If I were you I'd also seriously consider the Pennington area (where you can get a Lot more for your money) and the dike area (which is younger although maybe more yeshivish.
Also, I would call a realtor if I were you. It costs you nothing. Realty teams is the most popular and I think Miriam Perkowski knows the most about the area.
What the other poster said is true- most women here sahm. But I think you can definitely make friends on the weekends and also through your kids friends.
Re the materialism- also true. I know you didn't ask this but I'm offering my advice anyway- dont pick a neighborhood where you will probably be among the have-nots. Especially if you will be making a lot of money- why should you feel poor if you're not? Ask your realtor careful questions about who lives on the block you're looking at and the shul you'll daven in- and pay attention to the answers.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 8:29 am
Deleted.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 25 2016, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 8:47 am
I have posted on this thread before. You sound like a good fit but the neighborhood is a bit old for you. I would call an agent- anyone in Realty teams is great!
I grew up in Wesley hills and then got married and moved to Pomona where it was way too modern. I am currently looking into the new developement in New city, where the families going are very frum and not yeshivish but pretty young. Let me know if you need more info on that.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 8:49 am
Opinionated - your friend may live in wesley hills on less but how do they feel? Do they feel poor because they can't keep up? I have neighbors that won't invite people to their homes for shabbos meals because their perfectly legitimate nice home is not as fancy as the others in the neighborhood and they are embarrassed to have more wealthy people over. I didn't say you couldn't live there on less.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 9:12 am
Not everyone in Wesley Hills makes TONZ of money. there are people who make less and feel just as part of it. Don't feel like you MUST make 350k plus to live there. Its not true. Many ppl do but not all. I know a bunch of families who live right by Rabbi Berg and rabbi Veiner's shuls who make less. Not everything is money. The ppl there are really nice and friendly. The shuls are nice. It is very community oriented and a gorgeous neighborhood.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
I have posted on this thread before. You sound like a good fit but the neighborhood is a bit old for you. I would call an agent- anyone in Realty teams is great!
I grew up in Wesley hills and then got married and moved to Pomona where it was way too modern. I am currently looking into the new developement in New city, where the families going are very frum and not yeshivish but pretty young. Let me know if you need more info on that.

Very interesting. I had vaguelly heard about a new community in new city and thought that sounded interesting. When you say not yeshivish, do you mean they are modern, or more like the wesley hills crowd? In town/vs/OOT yeshivish means something different. TIA!!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
Very interesting. I had vaguelly heard about a new community in new city and thought that sounded interesting. When you say not yeshivish, do you mean they are modern, or more like the wesley hills crowd? In town/vs/OOT yeshivish means something different. TIA!!!

Like the Wesley hills crowd, just younger.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 6:53 pm
Can you tell me more about the crowd that davens at Rabbis Senter, Berg, Schick and Rabbi Veiner's shul?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 8:04 pm
Bump

MammaMiah

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 4:39 pm
Does Wesley hills compare to the five towns in terms of being materialistic (keeping up with the jonses?)
How does this (materialism) compare to New hempstead?
Also I have been seeing houses for 500-600k is this on "the other side?"
Can someone describe the borders that make up each side? Any info comparing wesley hills to bew hempstead would be great I cant decide between the two.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 6:04 pm
Talk to a real estate agent or even several. - best advice.
try coming for Shabbos or two and try different shuls.
There's also the other side of 306 - down limekiln - where there's the mo shul KBY
And a regular shul - Tiferes.
And it's a younger crowd. Or rather more mixed.
Good luck.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating