Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why is [filth] legal?

imamama

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 8:18 am
Isn't it sort of similar to prostitution, in the sense that people are having s-x for money? If so, shouldn't it be illegal? Just something that occurred to me...

sequoia

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 8:34 am
Yeah I wondered about that too. [filth] isn't any safer, either, there were a lot of scandals with HIV infections in the [filth] industry.

ewa-jo

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 8:44 am
Nevada has legalized prostitution.

sushilover

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 9:05 am
FINALY my college public speaking class comes in handy. One student chose this topic as her ‘controversial speech”. And boy did I get an education…

It’s a simple legal loophole. The prostitution fee is what makes it illegal in most states. [filth] film makers technically pay the ‘actors’ for the acting, not the s*x. Additionally, some states (California, for one) legally define prostitution as ...um... doing stuff to a customer for the sake of arousing the costumer. And in this case, the ones paying are not the people having…stuff done to them. Thirdly, we have the good old First Amendment which frowns at censoring film making.

There you go. Good old American laws for you.

imamama

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 11:43 am
sushilover wrote:
FINALY my college public speaking class comes in handy. One student chose this topic as her ‘controversial speech”. And boy did I get an education…

It’s a simple legal loophole. The prostitution fee is what makes it illegal in most states. [filth] film makers technically pay the ‘actors’ for the acting, not the s*x. Additionally, some states (California, for one) legally define prostitution as ...um... doing stuff to a customer for the sake of arousing the costumer. And in this case, the ones paying are not the people having…stuff done to them. Thirdly, we have the good old First Amendment which frowns at censoring film making.

There you go. Good old American laws for you.

That was very enlightening. Smile Thank you.

small bean

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 12:06 pm
I didnt read the posts just the title. Why does everything have to be a law? why do you want a country with so many laws? if your not interested in viewing [filth] - watch over yourself. ppl should do what they feel is right with out it being law...

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 12:21 pm
Small Bean, I agree.

MommyZ

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 12:33 pm
small bean wrote:
I didnt read the posts just the title. Why does everything have to be a law? why do you want a country with so many laws? if your not interested in viewing [filth] - watch over yourself. ppl should do what they feel is right with out it being law...
Thumbs Up

Barbara

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 12:37 pm
[filth] is legal in the US because we have freedom of speech.

Remember that *obscenity* is not protected. The line is a difficult one to draw, prompting one of the most famous lines in American jurisprudence: "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced . . . [b]ut I know it when I see it . . ." (Justice Potter Stewart) Insert quips about how many times the Supreme Court elected to see *it* to decide whether it was obscene.

In any case, I'd like to see prostitution legalized and regulated, to try to get rid of the drugs and abusive pimps.

imamama

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 3:16 am
Quote:

I agree, small bean. I wasn't asking in a, "Why isn't this horrible thing illegal?" sort of way. I was just drawing a line of logic. Since prostitution is illegal in most states, I was wondering why [filth], which to me seems similar in essence, is not. Sushilover answered my question.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics