Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Stories about special women

LEAH

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 7:11 am
hi
im doing a bat mitzvah programme (for a mix of lubavitch/frum/not frum girls) and we start off with a short inspiring story about a woman. any woman in jewish history, be it a rebettzin or rabbi akivas wife.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get stories off the internet from. I searched in chabad.org but nothing specific came up.
names of books are useful too but then I have to buy the book which the school might not want to do. I prefer to pick the stories myself and then collate them into a little booklet.
anyone have any ideas.

I also need a letter from the rebbe that the rebbe sent to a bas mitzvah girl which I cant seem to find either.
id appreciate any help and feeback. thanks

LikeMeDoes

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 8:14 am
The Shluchim Office (I think) has a programme called 'Jewish Brides through the Ages' which is a fashion show. While the model dressed as the bride walks down the catwalk, a narrator tells her inspiring story.
There are probably about 8 stories in it from Rivka Imeinu to Rebbetzin Chaya Mushka.
Try shluchim.org to see if you can get hold of that.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 8:31 am
Hi Leah,
I help run a bas mitzva program for a group of lubavitch girls. I have a copy of a letter from the Rebbe to a girl, you can pm me with your email address and I'll send it to you if you still need it.
For inspirational stories, we use a book called 'no greater treasure' by Shoshana Lepon, published by Targum. It has 16 short stories and is very nice and easy to read.
Hope this helps!

Motek

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 2:02 pm
check the book subforum, the thread I started on Books about Women

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 6:18 pm
Try Aish.com

LEAH

Post Sat, Jul 22 2006, 8:49 pm
thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics