Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Really clean, REALLY funny?
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 5:06 pm
I need a good pick-me-up, and even though I swore off movies over a year ago I can't listen to music (aveilus) and getting desperate enough to take a little break.

When I say clean I mean REALLY clean. I can handle a couple of 4-letter words but no vulgarity, s#xuality, etc. And I mean REALLY funny, too. I want to laugh out loud and let go of all my stress and sadness... for a few minutes at least.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 6:16 pm
Groundhog Day -- maybe two scenes I'd fast forward through (implied s-x), but no real language problems or thematic issues. And it has a "moral" of sorts. My mother actually had a prominent Jewish speaker recommend it to her after she ended up giving him a ride and spilling her heart out to him about a recent (at that time) tragic miscarriage. On a happier note, I had a DVD player in my delivery room and watched it while giving birth, to take my mind off things. Smile I was practically saying half the lines along with it; the movie has become a "thing" in my family.

ANYTHING by the Marx Brothers. They are incredible. There's a level of humor for wherever your tastes may lie -- wordplay, slapstick, etc. Some might be musicals, though, so check first.

Less so:
Serenity -- if you're into science-fictiony stuff, Joss Whedon is a very quippy writer/director. I wouldn't put this in the category of laugh-out-loud comedy, but lots of awesome, clever lines.

Mommy F.

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 6:50 pm
Do you like Mr. Bean movies?

shanie5

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 7:37 pm
Its a mad mad mad mad world.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 8:00 pm
Princess Bride?

A lot of corny 80s movies like:
Cocoon and Cocoon 2
Batteries Not Included
Short Circuit 1 and 2
Big

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 8:29 pm
Jeff Dunham(cant remember how clean but I think its basically ok) ...or charlie chaplin (english)...laurel and hardy (also english....all really funny.
Enjoy Smile

mamommommy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 8:47 pm
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
Princess Bride?

A lot of corny 80s movies like:
Cocoon and Cocoon 2
Batteries Not Included
Short Circuit 1 and 2
Big

Big actually has one minor scene in in (nothing racey at all by today's standards)

The Princess Bride is hysterical (also one tiny reference, but no big deal).

I also love Finding Nemo (totally clean and very funny).

The Shrek movies are also laugh-out-loud type of movies. They're animated, but do have some mildly inappropriate humor in them (mostly bathroom humor).

groisamomma

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 11:21 pm
What about I Love Lucy reruns? I find them hilarious and they're all old enough to still be clean.

slushiemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 1:03 am
groisamomma wrote:
What about I Love Lucy reruns? I find them hilarious and they're all old enough to still be clean.

I second that! I love watching that, Lucille ball is terriFic, by any decade's standard!

150 request

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 1:09 am
What about Friends? Its cute and funny and pretty clean. And also Everybody Loves raymond - its also really funny!

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 3:18 am

Last edited by Aidelmom on Mon, Aug 16 2010, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 3:23 am
150 request wrote:
What about Friends? Its cute and funny and pretty clean. And also Everybody Loves raymond - its also really funny!

You gotta be pretty desensitized to call Friends "pretty clean".
I second The Princess Bride - clean, and really funny! I use quotes from that movie all the time. ("While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice all over it?") Classic!

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 6:01 am
dh and I reminisced over this past vacation...and watched a bunch of old Disney movies lol! I forgot how hilarious Tarzan and Mulan were...I was laughing out loud for most of it!

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 6:14 am
For a quick pick-me-up, I watch old episodes of The Golden Girls and Whose Line Is It Anyway on Youtube.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 11:06 am
oh I forgot...shrek (all 3) and ice age is realllly good and funny....has the best jokes in. Also robots (from disney) alot of the kids films are funny for adults too.

suzyq

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 11:07 am
If you can find it (I'm pretty sure YouTube has him), Brian Regan is a stand-up comic who is totally clean AND he's hilarious.

prettyme

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 11:46 am
The Honeymooners' (original) I find it to be real life situations, and very funny. Very clean since they're oldies and you can find it on you tube.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 11:58 am
The Toy Story movies are all fantastic.

Remember the Titans is very clean.

mamommommy

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 12:16 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
The Toy Story movies are all fantastic.

Remember the Titans is very clean.

Remember the Titans is clean and a great movie, but it is not funny at all!

The Toy Story movies are great!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Aug 16 2010, 12:37 pm
That's your opinion. I thought it was very funny and a great movie.

IMO, The Princess Movie is the most overrated movie ever. It's cheesy, but IMO, not very funny.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics