Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Easy to do Mitzvah, with lots of benefits

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 7:51 am
For everyone.

For a year or two now I have been writing to Jewish prisoners in the USA. Many of the prisoners have no connections to the outside, including their family. Some do not have access to kosher food or any connection to Jewish holidays...they are mere days on the calendar. Like all prisoners their crimes range from horrific to mild, but they are human beings and Jews and they need us.

My husband called one such penpal "my most loyal penpal." She will be getting out soon. I've three others I am wriiting as well.

It is a big mitzvah to connect with these people and help them connect to Judaism. If this is a mitzvah you could consider doing (and mail is so much fun to recieve!!!) then click here:
[url] http://www.jewishpenpals.org/index.html[/url]

ny21

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 7:55 am
I looked into this . but it seems like they would get my home addy. Crying
pm me ,if I am wrong

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 9:19 am
Okay, here's some more info on this Mitzvah.
You can use a PO Box or similar address. You don't necessarily need to use your own. They also have a service where you can write your letter through Aleph and receive it through Aleph till you feel more comfortable in writing the person directtly.

The schar from this mitzvah can be felt here and in the other world. You may save a Jewish soul, through just a few words of love.
And you will find a loyal friend.

Really, there is, unfortunately, a big need for this. Reember the vulnerable are prey to missionizing....

Anyone else with any questions please ask.....

Gmar v'hatimah tova.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics