Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Can a Jew Be Reincarnated as a Gentile?
1  2  Next

mirror

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 2:12 pm
This story was featured in the book, "Small Miracles of the Holocaust". This woman grew up remembering all the details of Anne Frank's life without ever reading her story or knowing anything about her.

The only conclusion is that she is a reincarnation of Anne Frank.

You can read another article about it here:

http://www.johnadams.net/cases......html

Anne Frank was a non-religious Jew. Why was she reincarnated as a gentile?

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 2:25 pm
I always have this thing that I converted to christianity at some point- most likely the inquisition time. I was born a [gentile] but I was adopted and converted. maybe I was reincarnated as a [gentile] a couple of times but never converted to judaism so this time hashem made it easy for me...

sequoia

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 2:28 pm
I think it's possible!

mirror

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 2:38 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
I always have this thing that I converted to christianity at some point- most likely the inquisition time. I was born a [gentile] but I was adopted and converted. maybe I was reincarnated as a [gentile] a couple of times but never converted to judaism so this time hashem made it easy for me...

Thank you for sharing your story. Very Happy

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:29 pm
I doubt that people who are reincarnated are given the knowledge of their past lives. And I find this woman's story somewhat less than believable.

I like how they use the fact that this woman was pregnant at 18 as evidence that she had s-xuality - just like Anne! Uhh... what?

I do think it's possible for a Jew to be reincarnated as a gentile. I've heard chassidic stories about similar things - Jews being reincarnated as animals or inanimate objects, gentiles with Jewish souls, things like that.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:39 pm
it's more likely she secretly read the book

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:49 pm
Funny how the people who "remember" being reincarnated always remember that they were someone totally famous/cool in a past life.

I mean really, of all the Jewish children who died in the Holocaust, this woman was davka Anne Frank, not any one of the more than a million others who people haven't heard of, and whose reincarnation we have yet to read about. Crazy coincidence, that.

And the only people I've met who believe in reincarnation seem to think they were a pirate, or a tribal princess, or in some cases a slave (which doesn't sound cool, but can be if you're white, for the instantaneous erasure of white guilt. + semi-victim status, at least in the person's own head).

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:51 pm
hold on a second. I thought that reincarnation was not really a "Jewish thing". I mean, if our neshamas were created to live on earth and do X,Y and Z, and then we die, why would we need another time around. it sounds way to much like 'borrowing thoughts' to me. Im perfectly content to get only one try!

sequoia

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:54 pm
I don't think I was anyone cool in a past life. Just a nice, normal girl who for some reason (love?) converted to Christianity. That is why I have the challenges and journey I have in this life.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:54 pm
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
hold on a second. I thought that reincarnation was not really a "Jewish thing". I mean, if our neshamas were created to live on earth and do X,Y and Z, and then we die, why would we need another time around. it sounds way to much like 'borrowing thoughts' to me. Im perfectly content to get only one try!

You've never heard of gilgulim? If you were put on earth to do X,Y, and Z, but only accomplish X and Y, you might come back to accomplish Z. Over-simplified, I know. But it's not a borrowed concept.

busydev

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 3:55 pm
no its def a jewish things that neshanos that did not fulfill their tafkid gat sent back till they do...

I have heard say from rabbanim (mekubalim type) that most neshamos down here today are "recycled" (hebejebes)

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 4:04 pm
sequoia wrote:
I don't think I was anyone cool in a past life. Just a nice, normal girl who for some reason (love?) converted to Christianity. That is why I have the challenges and journey I have in this life.

But do you remember having a past life? Or it's something you think/assume may have happened?

sequoia

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 4:06 pm
I don't remember a past life. This is just something I imagine, since I was taught that there have been no new neshamas since Mt. Sinai and that all of us are here for the nth time.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 4:09 pm
I seem to remember that I was Sarah Schneirer... Wink

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 5:00 pm
Has no one read Out of Ashes? I think that is the title... anyway, there was a thought in there that many converts to Judaism were Jews in a past life who had suffered so much they felt they couldn't go on as Jews...

On a less serious note:
I was a mermaid, last of me species. Really it is a sad story.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 5:03 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
Has no one read Out of Ashes? I think that is the title... anyway, there was a thought in there that many converts to Judaism were Jews in a past life who had suffered so much they felt they couldn't go on as Jews...

On a less serious note:
I was a mermaid, last of me species. Really it is a sad story.

Oh, do tell.

chavamom

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 8:09 pm
Chocoholic wrote:

At age 5?

relaxed

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 12:47 am
chavamom wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

At age 5?

I was reading books at that age (mostly romance though, LOL), so it's possible.

It's interesting that some posters think they are reincarnated. I think the same about myself but ora_43, I have no illusions as to my fame back then. I just feel that I did convert in some past life. My love for Judaism and Hashem is so strong (more than many people I know, I'm talking about in the ffb part of Jewish spectrum) but I can spot a well-concealed cross from anywhere (and no one else with me notices). It's like a radar I have from when I was very young.

Didn't give it much thought until I went to a really boring play and I was itching to leave waaaay before the curtains were to go down. Except for one scene that came up featuring a Jewish woman being burned at the stake during the Spanish Inquisition. I could feel my blood stop, my heart jumped out of my chest, and I was gasping. I had tears rolling down my face, I was crying. Huh?? It was unreal. This was a high school play and not well done at all! I looked around and there was nobody reacting in any way to this scene like I was. Barely a blip on the horizon but I was shaking from head to toe.

shosh

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:03 am
Sorry, but I'm more than a tad cynical about Barbro Karlen. What a wonderful gimmick to sell a book! And I think if anything that the whole thing is rather an insult to Anne's memory. And I agree with Ora43 that the line about Anne's developing s-xuality and Barbro's early pregnancy is just sick.

Yes reincarnation is a Jewish concept, but I don't think most pple can be aware of who they were in a past life.

In fact, I wouldn't want to know, and I would dread to think in my case ...

prettyone

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:07 am
im pretty sure I was Buddha in my past life. I sat on the floor in a robe, I was bald and fat. thats why now I so desire to be the "prettyone"
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics