Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Garden state mall - any good stores? tips please
1  2  Next

nice and easy

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 11:14 pm
I"m going now for the first time to Garden State Plaza mall (paramus nj) with 3 small children. any tips? which shops should I check out first? what should I do if my kids get bored?

MamaBear

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 11:20 pm
Well my kids, like most, don't enjoy shopping. Ice cream and the merry go round are the only things they like there.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Aug 26 2010, 11:47 pm
nice and easy wrote:
I"m going now for the first time to Garden State Plaza mall (paramus nj) with 3 small children. any tips? which shops should I check out first? what should I do if my kids get bored?

Are you going for actual shopping, or to entertain your kids? They have a small 'play area' that can be fun for the kids, depending on the ages. If I'm not mistaken it's next to Old Navy's indoor entrance. It's a rather large mall and I can't see three kids actually enjoying all the shlepping around for shopping.

nice and easy

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 12:04 am
ok forget about the kids now. But what stores should I look at for good nice clothing for myself and kids with normal prices?

nice and easy

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 12:07 am
do they have some sort of shopping cart, so my 3 yr old can sit while I shop?

SorGold

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 12:36 am
For myself, I like the lord and taylor there. They have a lot of dresses, suits, and nice tops. There is also a very large Macys with a carousel right behind it. If you like high end stores there is also a Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms. I don't know your style or price range, but Talbots and JCrew also have nice things. Overall, its a high end mall but there are still stores like Gap and Old Navy.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 12:39 am
nice and easy wrote:

I think they do, but check their site.

The stores I LOVE are
Lord and Taylor (both for yourself and kids)
J. Jill (self)
Gap
Old Navy
Nordstrom can have great things, sometimes reasonable prices. I find shoes and clothing there within a reasonable price range.
Janie and Jack, when they're on sale
Gymboree
Children's Place
Coldwater Creek for yourself. They have unusual stuff, but you can find some goodies there.
Macy's
JC Penney
Jacadi is very expensive, but if they are on their final sale, you can do well
Talbots (but they're closed for renovations I think)
There's more, but I can't think of those stores right now. It's one of my favorite malls.

mamaleh

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 1:45 am
nice and easy wrote:

Most malls rent strollers at the info desk. Usually a couple dollars and often fun styles (trucks, animals, etc) They sometimes even have doubles.

anonymrs

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 6:27 am
Once you're in the neighborhood, there's another mall further down Rt 4. That one has Century 21, Nordstrom Rack, and Sacks Off 5th. A worthwhile detour!

nice and easy

Post Fri, Aug 27 2010, 8:27 am
thanks everyone I know where to start

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 2:36 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Once you're in the neighborhood, there's another mall further down Rt 4. That one has Century 21, Nordstrom Rack, and Sacks Off 5th. A worthwhile detour!

That's great! There are many outlets as well, right in the back of that. Gap, Gymboree, Tommy, etc...

anonymrs

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:19 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
anonymrs wrote:

That's great! There are many outlets as well, right in the back of that. Gap, Gymboree, Tommy, etc...

Uh huh!! I love shopping there. Right now, I live in Israel and I'll have to wait til the next time I'm in the US. Crying

nice and easy

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 2:50 pm
I was there (garden state plaza) this friday for the first time. it was fantastic. I bought shoes in Nordstrom for $90 and it is really pleasent place to shop. I"m planning to go back, but without my kids... Where should I look for some real warm/nice sweathers?

nice and easy

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 9:09 am
but parking is hard there. where's the best place to park? which section of their parking lot?

nice and easy

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 9:33 am
anonymrs wrote:
I will chech this out too. What's the name of this mall?

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 9:38 am
The Outlets at Bergen Town Center

Check out their website:
http://www.bergentowncenter.com

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:02 am
nice and easy wrote:
I was there (garden state plaza) this friday for the first time. it was fantastic. I bought shoes in Nordstrom for $90 and it is really pleasent place to shop. I"m planning to go back, but without my kids... Where should I look for some real warm/nice sweathers?

Sweaters for yourself? In Nordstrom, check out their Ralph Lauren collection. Go to the sport clothing section as well. You can also try Gap Body. For cheaper ones, try Old Navy. Lord and Taylor should also have a great selection of RL sweaters.

Regarding parking, it depends which side you like more. I usually start with either Nordstrom or Talbots (which is closed for renovations). You can park either next to nordstrom, or farther down, where they have the parking floors (can't recall what it's called right now) and you enter next to Lord and Taylor.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:07 am
This thread is making me jealous jealous jealous!! I love shopping;(

laughter

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:17 am
This is my favorite mall!!! Nice And easy did u go into jacadi??? do they have final sale yet???

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:55 am
laughter wrote:
This is my favorite mall!!! Nice And easy did u go into jacadi??? do they have final sale yet???

It's right up there with Westchester mall for me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries