Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Apple Pie Ice Cream

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 2:28 pm
Ok, you have all GOT to try this. It's amazing!!! It tastes like apple pie alamode (sp?). oooohhhhh heavenly. Definitely worth the effort! For the additions, I make extra large batches to freeze for later use. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, but I made my own revisions to shorten the recipe and make it 10 times easier.

* 8 oatmeal cookies, crushed
* 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided

For this, I made a regular oatmeal crumb topping: 1 c. oats, 1 c. flour, 1 c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. marg or oil. Toast until golden.

* 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

* 3 cups whipping cream
* 1 1/2 cups half and half
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

I used my regular ice cream base which is so darn easy and so darn good!!! 6 eggs: Beat on high for 15 minutes (no separating!!) lower speed and add 3/4 c. sugar gradually. Add 2 small Rich's whips and beat until fluffy. Put in freezer. I added the cinnamon with the sugar.

* 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
* 1/4 cup dulce de leche or caramel ice cream topping

I also made my own caramel, just because I didn't have any. reaaaaaaaaaal easy. Put one cup of sugar on medium heat for five minutes. When it starts to turn golden and dissolves, take off fire and sloooowly add 1/2 c. Rich's Whip and stir while mixture boils vigorously. Keep stirring until there are no more lumps, the mixture is smooth and creamy, and a caramel color. Let it cool before adding to ice cream.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Mix the crushed cookies with 1 tablespoon of melted butter, and press onto a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then remove, allow to cool completely, then crumble.
3. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook until the apples have lightly browned, and the sugar has begun to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, and allow to cool completely.
4. Combine cream, half and half, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a large bowl; mix to blend well. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
5. When the ice cream has finished, stir in the crumbled cookie, caramelized apples, and walnuts. Add the dulce de leche by the teaspoon while stirring to evenly distribute.

Now how's THAT for a special Rosh Hashana treat???

greeneyes

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 4:23 pm
Yum! This looks sooo good. Thanks for posting. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics