Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Washington Heights

amother

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:14 am
We're looking at the Washington Heights (Breuer's side) community. Can anyone tell me a little about it? I know there are wonderful families from when I lived there single, but are there young couples? Daycare? What's rent like for a two/three bedroom? Parking spot? (And any other info that would be helpful! Smile )

TIA!

Kugel lover

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 4:25 pm
I don't know much but I hav a sibling that lives there. They're young. With parking spots, they have a very hard time finding parking at night but during the day they usually don't have a problem. for example when they go to a wedding they end up parking their car in garage where they have to pay.

bwaybabe85

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 4:57 pm
I live there. There are young couples in both the Mt. Sinai and Breuer's communities. Rent is expensive. Expect two bedrooms to run upward of 1700 in a good building. We don't have a car but I know it's hard to find a parking spot in the neighborhood. Also no clue about daycare as we don't have kids, but I'm there has to be options. Our building has a TON of frum little kids. Feel free to pm me with more questions.

MommyZ

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 5:03 pm
Hi. I live there and have kids. There are young couples in the Breuer's community, Mt. Sinai community and on the other side of the heights aka YU community. It's very friendly and people tend to get along. There are also young families in the Agudah community and some kollel families. There are some small home day cares and other people have babysitters either shared or just for their kids in their home. Two br apartments depending on the size can easily go for over $1700 and over $2000 in some buildings. Three bedrooms are even more expensive and harder to find. Feel free to pm for more information.

gold21

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 5:58 pm
it seems to me that washington heights has lots of newly married couples, and lots of couples with just a few young children. however, I dont see many older larger families that stay in washington heights long-term. it seems like many people stay there short-term (like 2-8 years lets say) and then move on when they need more space and want to buy a house.... the crowd is not super yeshivish, but very solid and frum and friendly...... dunno about the rent, both me and my husband have close family there but do not live there ourselves.... the parking is very hard after about 7 PM, same like brooklyn, and alternate side parking stinks, also like brooklyn.... lots of moms work, I think a lot of them have in-home nannies during the day, but there are drop-off babysitting groups as well. good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating