Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
7 mo DD Constipated - Help!

Rivka80

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:47 am
I know why she's constipated - my MIL strong-armed my DH into giving her meats and rice. She's now so painfully constipated that all that comes out after her face turning beet red during straining are rock-hard little pebbles coated with blood. We are going to see the dr tomorrow, but I was wondering if there are any ideas to get her moving so she's not crying softly when she does a number two.

We've tried diluted prune juice and lots of water - nothing so far. Desperate for some non-medicated help for her!

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 11:57 am
First see the doctor...you don't want to try anything at this moment but water.

AFTER that, and after you find out that everything checks out okay, then ask your doctor about giving juiced fruits and veggies.

But wait to make certain everything is okay first.

Rice can be constipating, but it isn't necessarily the rice.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 12:09 pm
Put her in a deep bath (like chest height) and make sure its warm.

Let her relax in the water for a while and that should help.

Beware: you may have poop in your tub

mazaltov

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 12:46 pm
my DD was also majorly constipated- so I gave her DARK corn syrup diluted in water- like 1 tbs per 3/4 cup of water, and that really helped- and I also cut down on all starches- bread, cheerios, crackers. and that helped alot.
if she is old enough for cereal, give her BRAN FLAKES! I give my DD that every morning, and I havent had a problem with her being constipated since! it works miracles. mix it with formula, breask milk, or rice/ soy milk and let it get soggy.
also (TMI) I would "help" her make. I would put on gloves and when I saw she was straining, I would open her bowl a little bit and help her push it out. wasnt fun but it really helped!
GOOD LUCK! I know how it is....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics