Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Money extortion from perverts

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:07 pm
How do you feel about using money to punish perverts and scare them away as a punishment so they don't attempt trouble again?

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:15 pm
OP, can you clarify what you mean?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:19 pm
making them pay large sum of money or else expose them, in exchange for a promise if they're ever caught again, they will be exposed.

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:23 pm
If someone does something that is s-xually inappropriate, then (and I would ask your Rov if you consult with one) I would contact authorities. You shouldn't benefit financially from this situation, even if all the money goes towards therapy to deal with the trauma or to tragedy. Someone that commits an inappropriate activity is likely to repeat again, so this threat won't do much--and it might make you come off looking bad if this person is arrested for another transgression and your situation with him/her comes to light...

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:25 pm
It is one of the sickest tactics IMO. In a way it's even worse than not doing anything. You know they're a risk to others. You know they're going to hurt others. And you're basically milking all future victims. Sicksicksicksick.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:28 pm
Why, thank you for agreeing with me, life'sgreat. I was kinda hoping to see you on the other thread on this topic...

KAlex

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:28 pm
It's blackmail, and doesn't stop them reoffending (just makes them more careful you don't find out about next time). Unless someone's got some very good research to suggest any reason at all to think this could work, it sounds like a bad idea to me, for everyone.

faigie

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:32 pm
Oh for pitys sake........
Thats plain and simple blackmail, done because you want to make a lot of money.
if you were socially responsible youd turn um in!

MommyZ

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 9:33 pm
Does this site allow discussions of illegal activity?

JRKmommy

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 10:49 pm
1. Does absolutely nothing to protect future victims.
2. It's illegal.
3. If you try this, and subsequently decide that it is better to report abuse to the authorities, the attempt can be used against you to undermine your credibility and the perv can go free.

sequoia

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 11:52 am
What do we think of blackmail? shock

They're still going to hurt others!

simba

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 12:14 pm
IF you need money very badly and so not care that you are being super selfish and protecting yourself only..go ahead. Also, make sure you do not mind going to jail.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 12:28 pm
in an agatha christie story, the next chapter would be murder by the pervert of the blackmailer.

melbee

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 1:28 pm
Aside from what others mentioned about the illegality of blackmail, I would also like to point out that should he commit the act again, which he undoubtedly will, and this comes to light, I believe that you can be tried as an accessory to his crime, for knowing and doing nothing to stop it. It's blood money. A very bad idea, no matter how much you "need" it.

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 1:36 pm
MommyZ wrote:

of course! We talk about stealing from the govt. all the time....

MommyZ

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 1:59 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
MommyZ wrote:

of course! We talk about stealing from the govt. all the time....

Right but that is often grey area but blackmail is pretty black and white.

auntie_em

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 3:06 pm
Is this a joke? Surely you cannot think this is a good idea, nor an effective one.

So, at the end of the day, the abuser is free to go about his merry way, abusing children in a new location
and you have a fistful of cash. Lovely.

ora_43

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 3:04 pm
The OP didn't say this is a situation of s-xual assault. There are things a guy can do that are creepy, and that would get him in a lot of trouble if they were to be made public, that are totally legal.

Random example, if an older married man is hitting on young (18-20yo) vulnerable women, there's nothing the police can do. But he still wouldn't want his wife, his friends, their parents, etc to find out about it.

I don't think blackmail would help anyone though. Except the recipient - but it's not legal, and not worth the risk IMO (both the risk of the guy turning you in, and the risk of him turning on you). And it's not moral - as previous posters said, either publicize his actions or don't, but don't think that by blackmail you're doing anything more than lining your own pockets.

auntie_em

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 10:58 pm
You're right Ora. I made an assumption. I even had to re-read the thread to see it again.
Like you said, there are other situations that could occur.

I still think its a terrible, selfish, and illegal idea meant only to enrich the blackmailer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics