Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
33" bunk bed

spoons

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 9:29 am
I found someone here bought a 33" bunk bed that can be separated which is exactly what I need with my small room. However, don't know where to purchase it. Anyone have any ideas? online or NY are?

ps-I thought for a few minutes about toddler size bunk beds but nixed it-but does anyone have any experience with those?

spoons

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 6:01 pm
anyone?

Iluvmykids

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 6:44 pm
I believe Steinbach on 14th st in boro park sells them

Dobat

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 7:31 pm
Everything But The Baby does them. Wide selection and great prices!
Located at 371 Kingston Ave Brooklyn 11213
Phone # 718-778-5962

G'luck!

doitall

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 7:36 pm
Hatzlacha furniture in Williamsburg sells them too.

avimom

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 7:43 pm
I saw an ad from Hatzlocha in the Torah Times that they carry them. I was also considering it. Anyone have one? Does it seem very very narrow??

Houseofmen

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 7:55 pm
we bought a bunk bed from american ho,e center in 2003- we just seperated them and thyre still in great condition. We paid 210 at the time- its less than we paid for my younger ones captain bed! Moved 3 times...and my boys abused them...still in good shape. I think light wood and dark wood available. Definitely check there... on mcdonald and p. Ikea has a slightly less expensive model as well.

avimom

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 8:00 pm
Doesn't the one from American Home Center have very little space for the person underneath to sit up? Also, the one from IKEA is only considered safe with the ikea mattresses, which are very thin "european" style.

good wifey

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 9:06 pm
avimom wrote:
Doesn't the one from American Home Center have very little space for the person underneath to sit up? Also, the one from IKEA is only considered safe with the ikea mattresses, which are very thin "european" style.

What do you mean that's its only safe with their mattress??

kitov

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 9:22 pm
All heimishe juvenile stores stores in ny sell them. Like Hatzloche, the childrens room, braun's in monsey and the rest. They are made from wood, and come in 3 designs. They are also available in 5 colors, white, natural, aspen, pecan-honey, cherry and I don't remember the fifth....They sell for around $400-$500, w/o mattresses, come with a matching ladder and safety gate. The top is high enough to allow sitting up on the bottom bunk, yet the lower bunk is high enough off ground to allow for a high riser trundle to store underneath. It is separable, and very pretty when separated, since it has a head and foot board.

AFAIK, it is mfr. by a heimishe yid out of the usa and available only thru yiddishe juvenile furniture stores.

mini

Post Sat, Sep 04 2010, 10:04 pm
I have it bought it by a heimisha store

spoons

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 5:58 am
wow, thanks all! I hadn't heard of ANY of these Heimishe stores. I bought years and years back from Katz in the Cradle my baby stuff and haven't gotten any furniture since! That was the only place I heard of-- but none of you mentioned it.
thanks!

avimom

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 7:37 am
the ikea bunkbed is made with very low gates- made to be used with a very low mattress...

avimom

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 6:15 pm
So, did you get it? Are you happy with it??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics