Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
FamilyFirst Vanilla-Fudge-Mint Chip Ice Cream from this week
1  2  Next

CeeWhyGee

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 2:49 pm
Was just about to get started on my ice cream dessert that I saw in Family First this week when DH says "Oops, I threw it out..." Sad

I would REALLY appreciate if someone could type it up and post it... Smile

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:03 pm
CeeWhyGee wrote:
Was just about to get started on my ice cream dessert that I saw in Family First this week when DH says "Oops, I threw it out..." Sad

I would REALLY appreciate if someone could type it up and post it... Smile

I'm making it in the next hour or two. Here it is:

Vanilla Layer
3 eggs, separated
1/3 cup sugar
1 small pareve whip
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat whites, gradually adding sugar. Set aside. In separate bowl, beat whip until stiff, add yolks and vanilla. Fold mixtures together. Pour into 9 x 13 pan and freeze.

Fudge Layer
6 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup pareve whip
2-3 Tbsp. (1 oz / 25 gr.) margarine
6 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Boil ingredients in small pot, stirring with whisk until smooth. Cool and pour over frozen vanilla layer (will be gooey but pourable). Smooth with spatula. Freeze.

Mint-Chocolate Chip Layer
Same ingredients as vanilla layer plus:
1/8-1/4 tsp. mint extract or to taste
green food coloring (optional)
generous handful chocolate chips, chopped in food processor.

Follow vanilla layer instructions, adding mint extract and food coloring to yolk mixture. F0ld in chips to yolk mixture. Fold both mixtures together, pour over fudge and freeze.

When frozen cover tightly with foil.

The say you can make the vanilla & mint ice creams together, then measure out 5 cups for each layer and add the extra ingredients to the mint layer. Refrigerate mint ice cream until rest is frozen.

Variation -- replace mint flavor with one tsp. coffee dissolved in water.

I plan to 1) use a different ice cream recipe that uses whole eggs (which I substitute with egg substitute to avoid using raw eggs) and 2) to make it in muffin pans.

dilego

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:05 pm
if I wouldn't be to lazy I would go and get the recipie and type it out.its really good only I found there is too much fudge,but I'm european so that might be the reason

CeeWhyGee

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:05 pm
WOW, so fast!!! Thanks so much!

est

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:06 pm
VANILLA LAYER
3 eggs, seperated
1/3 cup sugar
small whip
tsp vanilla

beat whites, gradually add sugar
in seperate bowl whip the whip till stiff
add yolks and vanilla.
fold mixtures together.
freeze in 9x13.

FUDGE LAYER
6tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup whip
2-3tbsp marg
6tbsp sugar
tsp vanilla

boil in small pot, stirring with whisk till smooth
cool. pour over vanilla layer (should be gooey but pourable)
smooth with spatula
freeze

MINT-CHOC LAYER
same ingredients as vanilla plus:
1/8 - 1/4 tsp mint extract or 1tbsp coffee dissolved in water
green food colouring
generous handful choc chips chopped in food processor

same instuc as vanilla but add in mint and food colouring with the yolks and vanilla
fold in choc chips
then fold both mixtures together and pour over fudge
freeze
cover tightly with foil when all frozen.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:06 pm
Can I ask you what other recipes were in the family first this week? Dh went to ten stores and they were all out of the mishpacha!

dilego

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:08 pm
I did the the ice cream in one go but got in to trouble when measuring the 5 cups.and I just added the yolks later on,as I alwaysdo when I make my ice cream.

est

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:08 pm
oops I guess my typing was too slow...

Liba

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 3:19 pm
Am I the only one who was disappointed to see that they all had raw eggs in them?

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:11 pm
Liba wrote:
Am I the only one who was disappointed to see that they all had raw eggs in them?
Liba, don't fret. Buy Strauss (Mehadrin) parve Fantasia ice-cream dessert for 10 nis and call it a day. My sister told me they had it for that price in Jlm and I was jealous. Lo and behold, they had it by us today as well. Zero effort for the same amount of garbage, no raw eggs (which frankly don't bother me all that much) and much less expensive.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:24 pm
Liba wrote:

I made a different vanilla ice cream recipe to use for it (first layer's in the freezer now) -- with same amount of whip, eggs & sugar as this calls for, but with whole eggs which I substituted with egg substitute (Egg Beaters) to avoid the raw eggs -- looked like it came out fine.

Liba

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:27 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Liba wrote:
Liba, don't fret. Buy Strauss (Mehadrin) parve Fantasia ice-cream dessert for 10 nis and call it a day. My sister told me they had it for that price in Jlm and I was jealous. Lo and behold, they had it by us today as well. Zero effort for the same amount of garbage, no raw eggs (which frankly don't bother me all that much) and much less expensive.

Sad If I could I would. Unfortunately there too many allergies here.

At one point I saw an advertisement for pasteurized eggs, both whole eggs and egg whites. It has been over a year and I have been looking for it since but with no mazel. Any leads would be appreciated!!

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:31 pm
Liba I am sorry about the allergies. Are you sure it applies even to something as synthetic as Strauss' parve ice cream? Synthetic being the key word here.

dilego

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:36 pm
the catch is in these synthetics there is loads of stuff that trigger allergies in them

Mommy F.

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:39 pm
mmmm . . . Sounds good!

Liba

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 4:41 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Liba I am sorry about the allergies. Are you sure it applies even to something as synthetic as Strauss' parve ice cream? Synthetic being the key word here.

They are full of soy, which is a major problem for one of my kids.

I need pasteurized eggs. Smile

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 1:40 pm
I made it yesterday and it was really easy. The joke, however, is that I put in rum extract instead of mint and I was wondering why it doesnt taste like mint!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 2:01 pm
Liba wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Can you use egg substitute (Egg Beaters)? I used it instead of separated eggs and it came out fine.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 2:02 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I made it yesterday and it was really easy. The joke, however, is that I put in rum extract instead of mint and I was wondering why it doesnt taste like mint!

I'm sure it will be just as yummy!

Liba

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 3:46 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Liba wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Can you use egg substitute (Egg Beaters)? I used it instead of separated eggs and it came out fine.

If I could find them here I would! I saw a advertisement for pasteurized eggs, sold in bulk, here once years ago, but nothing since. I wish I could find them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics