Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Frozen Dessert please-no raw eggs

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 8:17 pm
The title says it all-any ideas for a frozen dessert that doesn't use raw eggs? I have no problem with whip or most other ingredients. Also, please make it something somewhat easy!

shanie5

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 8:27 pm
cookie pie-found here on imamother:

1 graham cracker or chocolate pie crust.
12-14 sandwhich cookies-crushed up and put in shell.
16 oz rich's whip or equivalent-unwhipped, but thawed completely. pour over cookies.
Freeze.

enjoy

Simple1

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 8:41 pm
I found this also here a while ago, don't know who posted it. But I never tried it yet:

Lemon Freeze pie

1 container pareve dessert whip

1 can lemon pie filling

8 oz. marshmallow fluff

1 Graham cracker pie shell

Beat Dessert whip using a mixer.

Add pie filling and mix well.

Add marshmallow fluff and continue to mix.

Pour into pie shell. Freeze

Dini

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:04 pm
the mixing in the lemon filling marsh fluff is by hand or with the whipping attachment of the mixer?

LuckyMum

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 4:10 am
Napoleon... yumm!!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:36 am
I made a delicious triple layer mousse with egg beaters (pasteurized) -- are you interested in that recipe?

Simple1

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:38 am
Dini wrote:
the mixing in the lemon filling marsh fluff is by hand or with the whipping attachment of the mixer?

I never tried the recipe yet, it's from this site, but I forgot which user, but it looks good bec no eggs!

sky

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 10:59 am
There are some great recipes posted here:
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=20

realeez

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:03 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I made a delicious triple layer mousse with egg beaters (pasteurized) -- are you interested in that recipe?

I am!

MiamiMommy

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:06 am
shanie5 wrote:

16 oz rich's whip or equivalent-unwhipped, but thawed completely. pour over cookies.
Freeze.

enjoy

This is also good as a pudding pie. I mix chocolate pudding, rich's whip, and soy milk together. Then add the crushed cookies to that, pour in a crust and freeze! I also take whole sandwich cookies apart and decorate the top of the pie with them.

underthestars

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 2:56 pm
Here is a recipe to try: We are chocolate lovers and this is yummy!!

7 oz chocolate
1 small and ½ large jar of marshmallow fluff
½ c coffee rich
2 rich’s whip

melt everything together except for whip cream. Whip it up and fold chocolate mixture into it and pour into graham cracker crust.

Simple1

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 3:08 pm
MiamiMommy wrote:
shanie5 wrote:

Freeze.

enjoy

This is also good as a pudding pie. I mix chocolate pudding, rich's whip, and soy milk together. Then add the crushed cookies to that, pour in a crust and freeze! I also take whole sandwich cookies apart and decorate the top of the pie with them.

This looks good. Is it instant or reg. pudding? Do you whip the whip? And how much soy milk?

freidasima

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 3:18 pm
Does anyone have one of these that doesn't have rich whip or any pareve chemical whip either?

mamaleh

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:43 pm
freidasima wrote:
Does anyone have one of these that doesn't have rich whip or any pareve chemical whip either?

I have a choc pudding recipe that doesn't contain any whips, fake milks, or eggs. It is VERY rich. I have used it in pudding pie (I put a round choc cake on top then decorated with more of the pudding and whip). It can also be used as a filling for layer cake, a layer in trifle, etc.

If anyone wants the recipe, let me know & I will dig it up & post it later today BL"N.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 6:56 pm
freidasima wrote:

this is not earth shattering but my kids like it. And you can't beat it for easiness. Take a graham cracker crust, or if you don't have those crush some cookies (I use digestive but any plain cookies should work) and pour in a layer in a greased pie dish. then mix osem pudding mix (choc or whatever flavour) with soy milk. pour over and freeze. take out a little before serving so it is easy to slice. you can also not freeze it but then it will just be osem choc pudding. Wink

you can decorate with chocolate shavings if you want to impress the machatonim or something.

there is another choc pie recipe in the spice and spirit that is better but more time consuming. (you make the pudding from scratch)

yentadevosha

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 7:06 pm
3- 4 layered sherbert?

Soul on fire

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:16 pm
buy a bag of frozen fruit - any kind you like
throw it I a blender with sugar (to taste...or you can leave out depending on the fruits)
freeze in a large pan
once frozen break up and reblend
put in small ramekins and freeze
serve
super yummy, easy and chemical free

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:49 pm
This is the recipe. Feel free to modify it Smile

2 1/4 sticks margarine (1 C + 2 T)
3 C sugar
2 1/4 C cocoa
3 C liquid pastuerized eggs
1 T vanilla
1 8 ounce whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream margarine and sugar (feel free to use oil...I can't compare how it should be vs how it is when I made it.) Add cocoa, egg, and vanilla. Beat well until thick. I left the mixer on for a while...it took several minutes. Pour 1/3 of batter into a 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool. Pour remainder of mousse on and spread evenly. Freeze until firm. To make the third layer, whip up the topping, spread evenly, and freeze until firm. It makes 20 servings.

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 2:02 pm
mamaleh wrote:
I have a choc pudding recipe that doesn't contain any whips, fake milks, or eggs. It is VERY rich. I have used it in pudding pie (I put a round choc cake on top then decorated with more of the pudding and whip). It can also be used as a filling for layer cake, a layer in trifle, etc.

If anyone wants the recipe, let me know & I will dig it up & post it later today BL"N.

This is A VERY old post, but if mamaleh is still around posting, did you ever post your egg free, whip etc free rich dessert recipe? Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus