Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I just experienced a mothers worst nightmare!
Previous  1  2  3

faigie

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:28 am
I wish there was some sort of recourse for you in regard to the animal who decided to take nekama on you like this.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 1:44 pm
amother wrote:
Know your rights:

http://fightcps.com/

Quote:
You are under no obligation to let a child protective services social worker into your house. Under the basic law of our land, the United States Constitution, Amendment Four, you have the right to privacy in your home. No government agent of any type is allowed to enter your home without your permission. We know of many cases where entry was coerced by statements such as “let me in or I’ll take your kids”. Do not give in! Do not give up your Constitutional Rights! Stand firm on this! If your rights are not honored, you can sue them later, but it is so much better to force them to honor your rights now. Check out Forced Entry Lawsuit.

"Other" amother here: Very true and good to know. I didn't think about this until after...that I didn't need to show them around, I should have asked for a search warrant or something, that I didn't need to let her in in the first place.
However, when one is faced with the authorities of this type, you totally don't think about your rights, what you don't have to do. You are scared and shaking and in total shock. All you want to do is make sure that your kids don't get taken away from you. All I wanted to do was show this woman that our home is wonderful and my kids are well-cared for. My rights never enterred my mind until later.

I am so hearbroken, even a year later, that there are actually people in my community who think my husband and I would EVER do anything to harm our children.. Truly heartbroken. We are such happy, caring, good parents. Our home, B'H, is such a happy place. People still believe there is something wrong. I really dislike this community. However, I told my husband at least our home is happy, loving place. When we step off our porch into this lousy community, that's a whole other story.

Avrahamamma

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:17 pm
I don't understand. They can come in on their own without an officer or anything? How would you know they're legit? How can you tell they're not some pervs coming in off the street? How do you know you can trust them enough to let them into your home?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Know your rights:

Quote:
You are under no obligation to let a child protective services social worker into your house. Under the basic law of our land, the United States Constitution, Amendment Four, you have the right to privacy in your home. No government agent of any type is allowed to enter your home without your permission. We know of many cases where entry was coerced by statements such as “let me in or I’ll take your kids”. Do not give in! Do not give up your Constitutional Rights! Stand firm on this! If your rights are not honored, you can sue them later, but it is so much better to force them to honor your rights now. Check out Forced Entry Lawsuit.

OP here.

Wow. I can't believe how stupid I was. As the previous amother said, I was in such shock when they knocked on my door and said that if I won't open they will bring police to break it down, so I let them in. I did ask them for identification which they provided, however I answered a whole bunch of personal information which in hindsight, I shouldn't have. I so wanted for them to leave and the allegations they made were so far from the truth that I lost my wits and just did whatever they wanted. (including signing medical release forms that I did not read over carefully since I was trying to keep my little ones under control.)

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:58 pm
faigie wrote:
I wish there was some sort of recourse for you in regard to the animal who decided to take nekama on you like this.

I wish so too. Unfortunately he has a lot of connection with govt officials and agencies.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Know your rights:

Quote:

OP here.

Wow. I can't believe how stupid I was. As the previous amother said, I was in such shock when they knocked on my door and said that if I won't open they will bring police to break it down, so I let them in. I did ask them for identification which they provided, however I answered a whole bunch of personal information which in hindsight, I shouldn't have. I so wanted for them to leave and the allegations they made were so far from the truth that I lost my wits and just did whatever they wanted. (including signing medical release forms that I did not read over carefully since I was trying to keep my little ones under control.)

I know...I was clutching my little baby so hard, not wanting to put him down for a second. I had 6 other kids crying because they were so scared. Another, my then 18 month old was napping in her crib. When the woman went to check out all our beds and cribs, she was already awake. She let out a cry of terror that I never heard before, haven't heard since and hope to never hear again. I can still hear it and picture her little scared face as the woman checked the crib she was it. Absolutely awful. My kids were so scared they would be taken away.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:15 pm
That website has very good info, everythin you need to know about dealing with CPS.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 1:26 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Know your rights:

Quote:

OP here.

I know...I was clutching my little baby so hard, not wanting to put him down for a second. I had 6 other kids crying because they were so scared. Another, my then 18 month old was napping in her crib. When the woman went to check out all our beds and cribs, she was already awake. She let out a cry of terror that I never heard before, haven't heard since and hope to never hear again. I can still hear it and picture her little scared face as the woman checked the crib she was it. Absolutely awful. My kids were so scared they would be taken away.

amother, can we correspond via email? I'd love to ask u a couple of questions.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 11:56 pm
[quote="amother"][quote="amother"]
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Other amother here: Yes, I would be more than happy to help you. You can be in touch with me at: mykids613@gmail.com.

I had really hoped that at least one, if not more, of the people involved in plotting and hurting my sweet family would have asked for mechilla before Yom Kippur. I had hoped that those involved in speaking loshon hara about my family before and after the incident would have done so as well. Sadly, not one person did. Sad I was SO hopeful. Now I just feel so sad that no one did. The one year anniversary is coming soon....maybe then?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 10:33 am
[quote="amother"][quote="amother"]
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Other amother here: Yes, I would be more than happy to help you. You can be in touch with me at: mykids613@gmail.com.

I had really hoped that at least one, if not more, of the people involved in plotting and hurting my sweet family would have asked for mechilla before Yom Kippur. I had hoped that those involved in speaking loshon hara about my family before and after the incident would have done so as well. Sadly, not one person did. Sad I was SO hopeful. Now I just feel so sad that no one did. The one year anniversary is coming soon....maybe then?

Amother, I have sent you an email. They have called that they are coming again and I'm terribly frightened!

Mommastuff

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 10:52 am
How is one to know if they are really CPS or crooks??!!!
I don't think I'd open my door but if they turn out to be real then that could hurt my case! To have ones children ripped out of their arms is definately a mothers worst nightmare!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics