Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why is- "I'm______so I'm allowed to ___" locked?
Previous  1  2

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:28 pm
Raisin wrote:
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Aidelmaidel - You make a shehakol on rice? I never knew that. Because it's not one of the chameshes minei dagan? But then wouldn't it be ha'adama?

Really curious, as I never came across this before. Wish I knew more Lubavitchers Smile

my lubavitch father only eats rice when he has washed hamotzei.

I learnt that you are supposed to say the brochos mezonos, hoadomo and shehakol on other food before you eat rice.

chocolate fondue

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:34 pm
[quote="aidelmaidel"][quote="amother"]
aidelmaidel wrote:
I'm Lubavitch so I'm allowed to:

- keep TH differently from the rest of the frum world
Quote:

How so?

I don't know the pratim, but I do know we do some of the counting differently. I only learned lubavitch, but I do know it's different from the "rest" of the frum world.

Sheesh, Lubavitch seem to do everything differently. From the way we say Modeh Ani in the morning to the way we say Shema at night. (We say Modeh Ani with our hands together and IIRC our Kriyas Shema Al Hamitah is longer than other communities.)

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:46 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
Raisin wrote:
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Aidelmaidel - You make a shehakol on rice? I never knew that. Because it's not one of the chameshes minei dagan? But then wouldn't it be ha'adama?

Really curious, as I never came across this before. Wish I knew more Lubavitchers Smile

my lubavitch father only eats rice when he has washed hamotzei.

I learnt that you are supposed to say the brochos mezonos, hoadomo and shehakol on other food before you eat rice.

The alter rebbe rules that there is a question on rice what exactly brocha it is. My teachers said, "the G-d fearing person washes and says hamotzi or says mezonos, hadama, and shehakol on other foods and has the rice in mind. If you're just having rice with nothing else, say shehakol."

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:47 pm
[quote="chocolate fondue"][quote="aidelmaidel"]
amother wrote:
aidelmaidel wrote:
I'm Lubavitch so I'm allowed to:

- keep TH differently from the rest of the frum world
Quote:

How so?

I don't know the pratim, but I do know we do some of the counting differently. I only learned lubavitch, but I do know it's different from the "rest" of the frum world.

Sheesh, Lubavitch seem to do everything differently. From the way we say Modeh Ani in the morning to the way we say Shema at night. (We say Modeh Ani with our hands together and IIRC our Kriyas Shema Al Hamitah is longer than other communities.)

My mashpia says, "Whatever else the rest of the frum world does, we do the opposite..." and then she elucidates all the things we do differently.

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 8:35 pm
Ok that is weird. Why was such an innocent thread locked? Strange. Odd. Bizzarre.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:17 pm
since it was locked after cc cookie's comment "I'm a woman, so I'm allowed to be moody whenever I feel like it (it's not me, it's the hormones...)", can we blame it on her?? perhaps the mods had an attack of
pms and were offended.

Depressed

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 11:25 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:

Technically, thats bdieved. I learned that the Alter Rebbe's Shulchan Aruch and the Sefer Minhagim say should wash and only eat rice in the middle of a meal, but if you cant then say shehacol..

jerusalem-girl

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:28 am
smilingmom wrote:
since it was locked after cc cookie's comment "I'm a woman, so I'm allowed to be moody whenever I feel like it (it's not me, it's the hormones...)", can we blame it on her?? perhaps the mods had an attack of
pms and were offended.

LOL
And I'm having an attack of pms and don't like that it was locked. Twisted Evil Exploding anger
I don't know what got me upset about this one. Maybe coming as it is at a time when there are so many posts that made my stomach hurt... and a cutesy, harmless thread was locked. Oh well.

Raizle

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:49 am
AlwaysGrateful wrote:

Never take for granted statements you read by ONE lubavitcher. Ask others to clarify first.

I'm Lubavitch and we eat a mezonos and haadama and shehakol before eating the rice, making brochos on all those items to cover all bases.
Either that or after Hamotzie

smilethere

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 6:17 am
Raizle wrote:
AlwaysGrateful wrote:

Never take for granted statements you read by ONE lubavitcher. Ask others to clarify first.

I'm Lubavitch and we eat a mezonos and haadama and shehakol before eating the rice, making brochos on all those items to cover all bases.
Either that or after Hamotzie

I'm not lubavitch and we do that too. Maybe its a chassidic thing.

sarahd

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 8:20 am
If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say that the thread was locked by mistake.

bubby

Post Fri, Sep 17 2010, 6:00 am
MISTAKE??? That's what my kids used to say when I saw the wreckage in my house. Duh.

Can you find out, because once again, we're ignored.

Marion

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 3:04 pm
Lubavitch makes a shehakol on rice? Live and learn! Rice is the one thing I never forget the bracha for -- mezonot -- because it's the only mezonot that the bracha achrona is borei nefashot.

Raizle

Post Sun, Sep 19 2010, 6:19 am
Marion wrote:
Lubavitch makes a shehakol on rice? Live and learn! Rice is the one thing I never forget the bracha for -- mezonot -- because it's the only mezonot that the bracha achrona is borei nefashot.

no we don't
read other posts by lubavitchers above
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics