Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Freelancer.com

amother

Post Wed, Sep 15 2010, 5:11 pm
Has anyone used this site to get work? I was redirected from something else to freelancer.com and I wanted to know if it is a legitimate site or not. Is it like Odesk? Where you bid for a job?

LuckyMum

Post Thu, Sep 16 2010, 4:14 am
I just had a job done for me from a freelancer on Guru.com, was very pleased.
Ive heard of freelancer.com too, they are legitimate, I never tried them though. Good luck!

amother

Post Sat, Sep 18 2010, 9:31 pm
anyone else out there use this site? im the OP. I found it through a link somewhere else and wanted to know if it is legitimate?

Elizabeth W

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:20 pm
yeah, me too - im actually looking for work - im a skilled typesetter looking to work

queenert

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 1:23 pm
We posted a project but didn't end up using anyone who bid.
It's a legit site.

Elizabeth W

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 1:44 pm
Is it safe to upload my license?
That's what they want to verify my identity.

queenert

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 2:16 pm
Yes. If you run into problems, it won't be from the actual company scamming you.

You can read more here: http://www.highya.com/freelancer-com-reviews
And I pulled the most relevant info from that link here:
Freelancer.com is a globally acclaimed company that is backed by substantially large investors, and is staffed by legitimate management and leadership teams. As such, there are no indications that the company is a scam.

Having said this, since Freelancer.com has been in business for several years and has accumulated a wide variety of user reviews, the most common complaint is that many freelancers (as well as some employers) have claimed that they’ve experienced payment delays after a transaction has been completed, or that payments have not been processed altogether. They state their accounts are frequently frozen and undergo some sort of “investigation,” at which point Freelancer.com’s customer service is of little to no assistance. As can be imagined, when freelancers have worked for days or weeks on a project, completed them to their employers’ satisfaction, but then find that they’re unable to withdraw their funds, they become angry and immediately begin throwing around the “scam” word. To the company’s credit, when responding to these complaints, they have acknowledged that this is an ongoing problem, and that they are actively attempting an internal restructuring to address the issue.

Elizabeth W

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 2:19 pm
so it looks like I can give it a shot, then.
Thank you queenert!

Elizabeth W

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 2:53 pm
btw I just got scammed BIG TIME on freelancer.com & I will NOT be going back to that site to look for work!! I am freaked out right now.

Elizabeth W

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 2:54 pm
If anyone has real legitimate places to find jobs as a typesetter I would really appreciate it.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:18 pm
Elizabeth W wrote:
btw I just got scammed BIG TIME on freelancer.com & I will NOT be going back to that site to look for work!! I am freaked out right now.

what happened?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:52 pm
you went from thinking about using the site to being scammed in just 2 days? how much work did you even get done and how much were you owed? Don't they have some sort of grace period in which to pay? I wouldn't think work I did 2 days ago SHOULD be paid by today....?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics