Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Maternity gown

amother

Post Fri, Jul 28 2006, 6:29 pm
my sister-in-law's chasunah is in 5 weeks, I will be 6 months pregnant by then IY"H.

all of the gown gemachs are closed for the summer.
does anyone in Brooklyn have a maternity gown I can borrow? or does anyone know of a gemach that is open in the summer months?
TIA.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 28 2006, 7:40 pm
is the wedding before or after labor day? many places open up again after labor day, the unofficial end of summer.

girliesmommy

Post Sat, Jul 29 2006, 4:21 pm
What size are you? I have one that I made last year, when I was about 5 months preg. and would love to get rid of it. I'll even mail it to you for free! It's simple, but you could add to it.
PM me for more info.

chen

Post Tue, Aug 01 2006, 11:42 am
[quote="girliesmommy"] I'll even mail it to you for free! [/ quote]

Mi ke-amcho Yisroel! That is so nice of you!

girliesmommy

Post Tue, Aug 01 2006, 11:58 am
[QUOTE="chen"]
girliesmommy wrote:
I'll even mail it to you for free! [/ quote]

Mi ke-amcho Yisroel! That is so nice of you!
Well, all I can say is that I'm glad to give it to someone who can use it. And, although I don't know her except by her SN, I am happy to help someone who is so nice and helpful to others on this site!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 01 2006, 12:40 pm
I wanted to thank you again publicly.
Everyone should know what a nice lady we have on board!

luv2bamom

Post Tue, Aug 01 2006, 9:46 pm
I have a really pretty one, only thing is its black and has some velvet on it, kinda wintery. If your interested pm me and ill send you a picture I wore it in my 7th month. Good luch and mazal tov

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 6:12 pm
girliesmommy wrote:
What size are you? I have one that I made last year, when I was about 5 months preg. and would love to get rid of it. I'll even mail it to you for free! It's simple, but you could add to it.
PM me for more info.

I was just on this site browsing around to see if their were any maternity gemachs out there on the net, and found this thread where girliesmommy was offering to give away her gown. Well, I Pm'd her for info, and not only did she offer to give it to me for free, her sister went out and sent it to me super fast. It's the right size (needs only minor alterations), and it's the perfect color for my Sils wedding! What amazing hashgacha!

Thank you!!!

anon because I don't want to announce my pregnancy yet.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:35 pm
Like I said before, I'm just glad someone can get use out of it, 'cuz I know I won't end up wearing it again!

Enjoy!!

shayna82

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:21 pm
now that its official and the wedding most probably be when im in my 9th week, 2 1/2 weeks before my due date, I am in need of a maternity gown, for my brother in laws wedding. doesanyone have any ideas, tips or suggestions for me????

shayna82

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:18 pm
I meant 9th month , im already huge, im gonna be an elephant at the wedding, maybe ill just get a hawaian shirt, and wear something underneath, ill probaby look better in tht than in some gown. im 5"7 1/2, and im just hugeee
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics