Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Crispy Coated Garlic Chicken

avigayilc

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 5:39 pm
From food.com. I usually make with 1 chicken, so the other ingredients are halved. It's very very garlicky, so if you don't like garlic, it may not be for you. But if you love garlic, you might love this dish.

2 (4 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces each
    1 cup olive oil
    8 cloves garlic, minced
    2 cups corn flake crumbs
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    salt
    pepper
    paprika

1. Place chicken in a large, shallow container.
2. Combine oil and garlic, pour over chicken, tossing to coat.
3. Cover and marinate 8 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Line a large, shallow roasting pan with foil, grease well with a thin layer of olive oil.
6. Combine crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl.
7. Dredge chicken in crumb mixture and place in prepared pan.
8. Bake uncovered for 1 ½ hours, or until done.

MidwestMommy

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 6:36 pm
I think this is also in The Kosher Palette (the first one). One of my favorites!

ROFL

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 7:24 pm
I made a small amount for yom tov. It was yummy Smile

anon

Post Sun, Sep 26 2010, 9:54 pm
This looks really good! And not unhealthy! Thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to try it!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 28 2010, 4:46 pm
I halved the recipe and used 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
Delishes!

slushiemom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 6:13 am
If anyone is still following this thread Smile will it be ok if I don't marinate this for a long time?

gonna try it either way, it looks awesome

thanks!

Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 6:15 am
So will I. Just what I was looking for for this week.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:40 pm
This is delicious and the marinating for a long time really makes a big difference.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 4:06 am
ok we LOVED it! marinated, but only for a couple of hours. was very good though. definitely a keeper!

sourstix

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 6:34 am
can someone helpo me, a whole cup of olive oil?! you dont find that too much? I would do this with like 4 chicken bottoms as my family wouldnt go for the whole chicken even though its cut. someone suggested 2 tbs oil. is that enough? do u think I need to put in that much oil?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 7:51 am
If I want to use chicken bottoms only how many would that be to equal a whole chicken?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:18 am
sourstix wrote:
can someone helpo me, a whole cup of olive oil?! you dont find that too much? I would do this with like 4 chicken bottoms as my family wouldnt go for the whole chicken even though its cut. someone suggested 2 tbs oil. is that enough? do u think I need to put in that much oil?

I use 3 tablespoons of oil for 4 chicken bottoms. I place everything in a large ziploc bag and massage the crushed garlic, seasonings and oil all over into the chicken, under skin as well, and once uniformly coated, I refrigerate to marinate. Don't need more oil with this method of marinating.

asmileaday wrote:
If I want to use chicken bottoms only how many would that be to equal a whole chicken?

4 chicken bottoms is the whole chicken equivalent. Seperate the 4 drumsticks from the 4 thighs before marinating and breading, for extra crispy chicken.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:34 am
Thanks ra mom!
For those that use a whole chicken, do you leave the skin on the chicken breasts so it doesn't dry out? Actually do you leave the skin on the bottoms too? We don't like eating skin but I want the crispiness of the coating, but I don't want the chicken to be dry...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:23 am
asmileaday wrote:
Thanks ra mom!
For those that use a whole chicken, do you leave the skin on the chicken breasts so it doesn't dry out? Actually do you leave the skin on the bottoms too? We don't like eating skin but I want the crispiness of the coating, but I don't want the chicken to be dry...

As long as there is a bone in there, and it's been marinated in the oil, it's fine.
I bake southern style chicken with no skin. 375 for 1 hour and breast doesn't dry out. I serve it right away.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:28 am
I make this often. Most of the time I cut the recipe in half but take the skin off the chicken so its about 1/2 cup OO. I use legs and thighs its awesome.

Occasionally, I also will the full amount with two chickens and freeze it raw. I pour the oil/garlic mixture over the chickens, cover in cornflake crumbs and freeze raw. Bake it when I want to eat it. Its great.

nnmom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 11:25 am
Has anyone tried this with boneless skinless chicken thighs? I'd love to try it for shabbos,
Great timing!
My family doesn't love chicken with bone-in.

Momrus

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 12:55 pm
How much salt, pepper, paprika did you put in? I'm not good guessing amounts.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 2:01 pm
Momrus wrote:
How much salt, pepper, paprika did you put in? I'm not good guessing amounts.

For 1 chicken, use about 1 1/4 tsp salt. Paprika for color. Black pepper only as much as your family can stand.

Momrus

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 6:44 pm
Thank you! !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey