Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
LEMON STRAWBERRY FREEZE
Previous  1  2

bigmomma

Post Sun, Oct 02 2011, 10:21 pm
Was a hit here too with almost everyone. I did have a sort of concentrated thin clear/yellowish hard layer between the strawberry and lemon layers, I assume I didn't mix the lemon layer well enough so it didn't freeze correctly. Has this happened to anyone and how to remedy this???

bigmomma

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 11:20 pm
What did I do wrong? Help anyone????

shanie5

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 12:37 am
Is it possible that it defrosted somewhat and then refroze? That could cause that hard layer.

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 8:54 am
what is meant by blend the ingredients? In the food processor?

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 10:03 am
runninglate wrote:
what is meant by blend the ingredients? In the food processor?

Yes

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 10:08 am
thanks.

bubble gum

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 1:58 pm
I got this recipe from someone else, and it is almost identical except the strawberry part is whipped. I made it last night and just tasted it- its delicious and so pretty! I never tried it without whipping the strawberries, so I can't compare. I'm sure the other way is delicious too, but for anyone that's interested, here's the directions for making it the whipped way (this way the strawberry and lemon have same consistency).

The lemon part is exactly the same, except it calls for 8oz whip, which is easier since that's how they come.

For the strawberry- ingredients are the same also, except again, use 8oz whip instead of 10oz. Here are the instructions for the strawberry part-
Defrost the strawberries and beat them well with the whisk attachment in your mixer. (they basically fall apart except for a few pieces, and it becomes kinda creamy/whipped). Add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs. Beat for 10 minutes. It becomes pale pink and ice cream like. Then add the whip and beat another 10 minutes.

I had more strawberry than lemon, so I made 2 loaves of strawberry/lemon and then froze the leftover strawberry in a container to serve as regular ice cream in scoops.

Also, for anyone who's interested, I used egg beaters instead of real eggs.

est

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 2:18 pm
The lemon part is exactly the same, except it calls for 8oz whip, which is easier since that's how they come.

--
I just want to clarify that a 10oz whip is the same thing as an 8oz whip. for some unknown reason, all cookbooks and recipes used to call the smallest size 10oz, although the larger one is exactly half and was called 16oz. to confuse things even further it is written on the box of whip that it is 420something ML and its hard to convert that to OZ as the former is a liquid measure. nowadays recipes describe it as an 8oz whip, but the bottom line is that it is all the same thing, ie. use 1whole small whip and don't bother measuring its weight.

madys

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 3:29 pm
Is there a substitute for the eggs? I'm a bit paranoid about having raw eggs in foods.

TIA

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:07 pm
madys wrote:
Is there a substitute for the eggs? I'm a bit paranoid about having raw eggs in foods.

TIA
You can use egg beaters, from the freezer section.

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 9:11 pm
est, so if I have a sixteen oz whip I would use half the container even though it calls for ten ounces?

est

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 4:34 pm
so sorry I only saw this today...

the answer is yes, use half the 16oz or 1small whip - don't measure out 10oz.

runninglate

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 8:46 pm
thanks! I totally forgot that I asked that question. It was theoretical since I had already made it. But good to know for the future.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 8:58 am
thinking of making this now!
how did u serve it - cut into squares? scooped?
I assume leave on counter for about 20 minutes b4 serving - correct?

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:53 pm
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
thinking of making this now!
how did u serve it - cut into squares? scooped?
I assume leave on counter for about 20 minutes b4 serving - correct?

I cut it into squares. No need to leave it out for 20 min. before. It's easy to cut. And the top part, which is creamier, would be too soft if you did.

penguin

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 9:53 pm
I am bringing up this post because someone may want to make it for Yom Tov. Also I was reading about Bubbies Wicked Layered Ice Cream but I just love this one.

I've had it in a crust of some sort, I don't remember now whether it was a baked flaky or crumb, but it couldn't hurt (well, not much)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics