Home

Whats going on with osem onion soup mix?
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


rivk241









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 7:42 pm
I live in monsey and tried all the groceries here and no onion soup mix- osem? anyone know whats going on with it?
Back to top

pina colada









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 7:43 pm
same issue where I live. as per my grocer, the supplier is out of it.
Back to top

rivk241









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 7:48 pm
that doesnt make any sense!
Back to top

wwmom









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 7:55 pm
I have the same issue, tried tons of stores with no luck.
Back to top

anonymom









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 8:47 pm
Do you mean those little 10 calorie packets? I've been looking for them too.

I bought instead a can(looks like a peanut can) of "Onion Soup and Seasoning" from Shlome's Kitchen. It worked well enough to season the rice.
Back to top

navacooper









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 9:01 pm
I just bought some today at Rockland Kosher -- the 3-ounce packet. Did you try there? It's on the aisle with the spices, I think...
Back to top

Tefila









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 9:04 pm
B'h
I can get the chicken one here no problem though imho it does nothing for a chicken flavor, it does spice up what I already make.
Back to top

estie6









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 9:30 pm
whats this fascination with onion soup mix??
am I missing something here??
Back to top

yentaof8









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 9:47 pm
OMG, I thought it was just me not being able to find it. We're talking about the yellow canister ones, right? Well I just bought the SHloimys kosher kitchen one bc I needed something - guess where? Rockland Kosher, I must have bumped into the above poster there today - but I don't live in Monsey, though! OSEM ONION SOUP MIX is a staple of mine since I use it to flavor my rice, and in a sauce for my chicken.
Back to top

seeker









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:04 pm
estie6 wrote:
whats this fascination with onion soup mix??
am I missing something here??


It's a good quick seasoning blend for chefs who are in a hurry or having a lazy moment...
Back to top

life'sgreat









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:06 pm
yentaof8 wrote:
OMG, I thought it was just me not being able to find it. We're talking about the yellow canister ones, right? Well I just bought the SHloimys kosher kitchen one bc I needed something - guess where? Rockland Kosher, I must have bumped into the above poster there today - but I don't live in Monsey, though! OSEM ONION SOUP MIX is a staple of mine since I use it to flavor my rice, and in a sauce for my chicken.

There were a bunch of 'em lined up not in the spice section, right? I saw it there today.
Back to top

Paddington Bear









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:09 pm
OMG! I've been scouring the spice shelves for as long as I can remember. I thought my eyes must be aging!
Back to top

yo'ma









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:41 pm
That's so funny because I needed it tonight, but didn't have it, so I used chicken soup mix instead. I hope the food will taste fine anyway, probably will. I wonder if I can find it here.
Back to top

pina colada









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:48 pm
yentaof8 wrote:
OSEM ONION SOUP MIX is a staple of mine since I use it to flavor my rice, and in a sauce for my chicken.


OT, but you know its loaded with msg. (I try not to use it weekly but for fancy YT cooking, I do use it)
Back to top

sarachana









  


Post  Tue, Sep 28 2010, 10:59 pm
ladies this stuff is loaded with msg!!!!!! its very toxic! its an excitotoxin...google it if that word is french to you....and go to msgmyth.com and get educated!
Back to top

life'sgreat









  


Post  Wed, Sep 29 2010, 12:09 am
There are no MSG mixes that I use.
Back to top

bubby









  


Post  Wed, Sep 29 2010, 12:19 am
You probably can't get it because I have 4 containers...I keep forgetting I have it & buy more.

MSG? Too bad, it is great in so many things. It is very high in salt, which is bad. MSG isn't sodium, is it?
Back to top

Mama Bear









  


Post  Wed, Sep 29 2010, 12:51 am
it definitely has MSG. I limit its use; I only put it into cholent and once in a blue moon in a chicken coating recipe.
Back to top

ChossidMom









  


Post  Wed, Sep 29 2010, 2:05 am
pina colada wrote:
yentaof8 wrote:
OSEM ONION SOUP MIX is a staple of mine since I use it to flavor my rice, and in a sauce for my chicken.


OT, but you know its loaded with msg. (I try not to use it weekly but for fancy YT cooking, I do use it)


I was just about to post the exact same post. MSG, people. How can you use the stuff?
Back to top

pina colada









  


Post  Wed, Sep 29 2010, 2:37 am
ChossidMom wrote:
pina colada wrote:
yentaof8 wrote:
OSEM ONION SOUP MIX is a staple of mine since I use it to flavor my rice, and in a sauce for my chicken.


OT, but you know its loaded with msg. (I try not to use it weekly but for fancy YT cooking, I do use it)


I was just about to post the exact same post. MSG, people. How can you use the stuff?


I use it like four times a year.

I hate to sound like a health nut so I bite my tongue and don't say anything when my neighbors talk about the rice they use it in weekly (along with trans fat marg, but that's for another time Wink), the lo mein they use it in weekly.........
Back to top
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 6 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
OMG, it's MSG! in my Osem onion soup mix
by seeker
20 Sun, Feb 05 2012, 7:55 pm View last post
by Tova
onion powder as substitute for onion soup mix 6 Thu, Sep 13 2012, 4:03 pm View last post
Osem Paerve chicken soup mix 7 Wed, Feb 04 2009, 10:53 am View last post
[ Poll ] Osem soup mix and spirituality 8 Wed, Oct 06 2010, 1:04 pm View last post
OSEM CHICKEN SOUP MIX INSTRUCTIONS NEEDED!!!
by loveit
4 Tue, Oct 30 2007, 3:33 pm View last post

Jump to:  







Report offensive ad