Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Warts all over

ysydmom

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 8:41 pm
My dd has warts all over her, by her hands her stomache her feet on her back everywhere. What do I do to get rid of them? do they go away on their own?

We went to a dermatologist who gave us a cream but it's hard to always remember to put it on and I don't think it did much when I did remember for a whole week to put it on. Besides for the warts she has terrible excema so she looks red all over with lots of small bumps it's really gross to look at so please all advice welcome thank you in advance.

Thanks!

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 9:38 pm
Child moleskin?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 10:23 pm
Warts are caused by a virus, right? or other germ? Did you tell the dr that the cream isn't working out ?

michal817

Post Sun, Oct 03 2010, 11:00 pm
When I was a kid I had little warts all over my hands. My dermatologist chemically froze them. They turned into large, painful blisters Confused , but when they healed the warts were completely gone. I can't imagine that your DD would want them all done at once, but maybe a few at a time?

I've also heard that putting duct tape on warts can make them disappear. It's not a quick fix - you have to put it on for several weeks at least - but it supposedly works.

brbs

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:54 am
check her carefully you should find that at least a few are bigger then the others if you freeze those then the rest will fall off. My dd had warts severasl years ago and NOTHING worked to get rid of them. We tried home freezing, creams, duct tape I finally took her to the walk in clinic when I got my flu shot and the dr froze them. Gone within a few weeks. I had warts several years before that and I let them go till they were huge, I still have scars.

bakermom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 11:33 pm
Sounds like moloscum (sp?). The rash appears when the body fights the warts, when the rash goes away, the warts in that area will also go away. (so says my pediatrician). I have used aldara, with NO results, for my 3 dd's. for my son, the derm. gave me something else, the name slipped my mind now, and they went away almost immed. She told me that some ppl swwear by one cream, others by the other, you can only know which one will work if you try it out. warning: if your insurance doesnt cover it, aldara is extremely expensive. basically, get over to a dermotologist if it is really bothering her. most dr's will not treat it otherwise.

SingALong

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:00 am
I had warts all over my hands as a kids. Freezing/burning didn't work, for me although I hear it works on many ppl. After 3 tries, the dr referred us to a dermatologist that does laser. It took a few sessions but they finally zapped the warts. 13 years later I still have some scar tissue but it's hardly noticeable.

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:21 am
Oh btw, my Childs moleskin got all infected and fell off on it's own after all the worries..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children