Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Pediatrician in monsey
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 1:27 pm
we just moved to monsey, I am looking for reccomandations for pediatricians-
now the hard part is that I need someone who won't mind if I don't give all the immunizations, like the chicken pox, hep A- all the 1985 schedule ones I do, like mmr, dtap etc
the ones I spoke to all say that you must give all state mandated ones, and if I refuse, then they will boot me out.

anyone can help?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 2:03 pm
I use Refuah at the moment, I dont give all the shots and they dont particularly care. However, their receptionists are rude, and they are always hiring/firing nurses, receptionists, pediatricians. They dont like for the peds to think 'outside the box'. I am planning on switching as soon as my insurance gets settled. At the moment, I'm stuck with them and none too pleased. I am planning on using Dr. Kiffel, but I'm not sure what his stance is on immunizations.

rivk241

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 5:28 pm
I use Pomona pediatrics- I dont know their policies.....

amother

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 5:38 pm
we moved to monsey not very long ago and I use Dr. Kiffel. I am extremel happy with him in all aspects. I don't know his policy about shots though

amother

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 7:15 pm
ow many pediatric roups are tere in monsey?

wic do you use? are you appy?

I ave 2 keys wic dont work on my computer can you fiure out wic? 8)

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 8:35 pm
Dr Kiffel is awesome. I'm not sure what his stance on shots are, but when I had concerns about shots, he was very understanding and seems to be chill. IMO, you shouldn't mention ahead of time that you will not give all the shots and you need to try the doctor. I think many doctors will not accept you if you tell them that this is your stance, but once you're there and discuss your concerns about it with the doc, they can sometimes be ok with it.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 8:55 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Dr Kiffel is awesome. I'm not sure what his stance on shots are, but when I had concerns about shots, he was very understanding and seems to be chill. IMO, you shouldn't mention ahead of time that you will not give all the shots and you need to try the doctor. I think many doctors will not accept you if you tell them that this is your stance, but once you're there and discuss your concerns about it with the doc, they can sometimes be ok with it.

good point.

maybe I won't brand myself as the crazy woman just yet.
so 2 votes for kiffel-

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 9:39 pm
amother wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

good point.

maybe I won't brand myself as the crazy woman just yet.
so 2 votes for kiffel-

I think I'm the third for Kiffel.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 9:39 pm
There's a lot of patients in Refuah who don't give their kids immunizations and while a lot the Dr.'s are not so happy about it, they just kind of go along with it begrudgingly. I don't think they would boot you out and they don't usually even bother trying to convince the Mom to give the shot to their kid cuz soo many ppl refuse. I worked in the pediatrics department there so I know what I'm talking about...

abby1776

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 9:45 pm
Add another vote for Dr. Kiffel! he is amazing, I moved to baltimore after 11 years in Monsey and didnt have a pediatrician yet. My 3 year old had an allergic reaction to something and I called him from Baltimore and he was so kind and handled everything. THE MAN IS AMAZING!

mc'cutie

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 11:06 pm
Another vote for Dr. Kiffel just to add his receptionist is very nice too... Always helpful and sweet.

mamamia1

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 11:55 am
I have just moved to Monsey and have the same question - any new doctor referrals?

thanks

amother wrote:
we just moved to monsey, I am looking for reccomandations for pediatricians-
now the hard part is that I need someone who won't mind if I don't give all the immunizations, like the chicken pox, hep A- all the 1985 schedule ones I do, like mmr, dtap etc
the ones I spoke to all say that you must give all state mandated ones, and if I refuse, then they will boot me out.

anyone can help?

wifenmother

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:07 pm
All those voting for Kiffel: I agree that he's excellent, but was told time and again that he doesn't accept new patients. My sister tried getting her newborn (oldest) in just recently and was told the same. Anyone have further details on how to get in to his practice?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:08 pm
I use Dr. Benyamin Friedman and am absolutely thrilled! He's a mentch, makes my kids feel so comfortable and at ease, and is an excellent diagnostician.

mamamia1

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:29 pm
I did try dr. friedman - unfortunately he doesn't take my insurance.
thanks

abby1776

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 12:29 pm
While I still love Dr. Kiffel - another amazing Dr. Esther Brikritsky just opened her own practice in Monsey Hub.

mamamia1

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:16 pm
Thanks. I tried dr Bekrittsky. She isn't working at hub anymore. Any ideas
Where? Or number?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:30 pm
I loved Kiffel before he opened his own practice...he used to be part of Ramapo Valley Pediatrics which now became Partners In Pediatrics...
I dont know their policy on shots ....I am very happy with the office , but I'm using them for 15 years, so it could be they treat me better, since the "know" me...
You dont always get to choose the doctor you want since they dont all come in every day, but Kiffel would be my number 1 choice...heard from a lot of ppl. he doesnt take new patients, could be that changed recently.
My former landlord did not give ANY immunizations to her kids...she receives a letter from the town that she is exempt due to "religious" belief blah blah...look into that...

wifenmother

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 1:54 pm
Are you sure that's her own practice? It was advertised as Williamsburg Pediatrics (based in Brooklyn, I assume, opening another branch in Monsey with Dr. Bekritsky and another pediatrician or two as staff.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Sep 03 2015, 2:12 pm
pdl wrote:
Thanks. I tried dr Bekrittsky. She isn't working at hub anymore. Any ideas
Where? Or number?

She used to work at the Monsey Medical Center. She recently, as of August 26, joined a new pediatric group, Williamsburg Pediatrics, which is located in the Monsey Hub. She is working with Dr. Zagelbaum from Williamsburg who also has a great reputation.

I looooooooooooooooooove Dr. Bekritzky.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating