Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Anyone creative???

shev

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 5:07 am
I am starting to tutor a 12 year old english, and for the first time I wanted to play some sort of game that will introduce us to each other, but I'm not someone thats creative, so could someone PLEASE help me think of a game that I could do, but I also want to include somehow, some vocabulary words, spelling words, if its possible.
tia

imokay

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 8:57 am
maybe a wheel of fortune type game, or boggle type of game or even hangman

Yups

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 1:55 pm
put one spelling word/ vocab word on each card. take turns picking a card, have to read the word and use it in a sentence about yourself. for example if I pick the word oppose, my sentence would be: I am opposed at the idea of spaghetti for breakfast, but I love spaghetti for dinner!

shev

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 3:37 pm
Yups wrote:
put one spelling word/ vocab word on each card. take turns picking a card, have to read the word and use it in a sentence about yourself. for example if I pick the word oppose, my sentence would be: I am opposed at the idea of spaghetti for breakfast, but I love spaghetti for dinner!

thanx for the idea, im thinking of using it
but does anyone else have any ideas to suggest

Karnash

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 5:34 pm
Are you teaching English as a second language or are you teaching a native speaker?
You could ask your student to write a list of adjectives that describe himself, while you write a list for yourself. Read the lists to each other, asking questions and adding explanations. Adjectives that were unfamiliar to him could become new vocabulary words. You could also then expand by explaining the comparative and superlative forms of adjectives.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Oct 10 2010, 7:18 pm
You can play a memory type of game. Give her blank index cards and have her write one half of a sentence on one card and the other on another, things abt urself, like, My favorite Song, on one card, and, is dont stop beleiving (which is my current favorite song) on the other card. You can do the same. Write stuff abt u. And then once u each fill out lets say 4 sets, set them up in a board and play memory! You need to get full sentences....

Dont know if you got what I was trying to say, but... GOOD LUCK!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics