Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Who is your pediatrician in BP?
1  2  Next

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 12:08 am
hi. I need recommendations for a pediatrician in boro park? can anyone tell me 1. who do u use? 2. where located 3. how long have u used them 4. what type of office is it like wait time, getting in touch with the doctor, etc. thanks!

unexpected

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 6:04 pm
I use Dr. Styler. corner 14th & 48th. Wait time could get long as he has typical BP office hours but overall I'm very happy with him. He usually responds right away unless it's kind of a shtus, then you have to bug him. I switched to him 7 yrs ago from Dr. Schon on 65th and Bay Parkway. He was also very good but he retired and left only women practicing in the office. My husband doesn't want a female doc. for my boys.
Dr. Styler is a great doctor as he's very laid back and kind of lets u run the show if tha's what type of person u are. I know someone who couldn't get down to him erev Yom Tov so he made a house call. Also I know of 2 cases where he diagnosed a patient over the phone and told them they needed a specific surgery immediately and both times he was rght. In another case, the child had come in from Israel where the doctors had told him there is nothing wrong with him. Dr. Styler felt his stomach and called Hatzolah to bring him to the emergency room for an appendectomy. The surgeon later said had he gotten there 1 day later his appendix would have ruptured.

el2cg

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:17 pm
I use Dr. Galina Gershkovich. she's on 18th ave (east 3rd) (across from cafe K). she's the best. practically no wait time. the longest I've waited is 1/2 hour. nice office. when not in the office you can beep her, and she responds right away. she's a great diagnostician. small practice, so your not just another patient. she remembers everything!

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:17 pm
D. Diamonds office. there are 3 drs there, nice waiting room with fish and toys. kids don't want to leave. wait depends on the time of day and dr.

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:57 pm
thanks everyone! has anyone heard of or used a doctor chantilly ( I have no clue how it's spelled). she is somewhere in the 20s avenues? any other suggestions?

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 9:49 pm
Just while we're on the topic of dr's in the area, anybody use Bulmash on 16th av? I remember going to him a couple of times as a kid, now considering using him for mine and would like a parent's point of view!

BNM, where is Diamond?

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 9:59 pm
on 12 between 44 and 45

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 10:37 pm
I've heard of bulmash. I know someone using him she's happy, but I've never used him myself. who are u using now?

bakermom

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 11:21 pm
Ive been by Bulmash since I was 2 (low 30's now). great diagnostician, his nephiew works there now too, feldman. also great. I used to wait over an hour every time, lately I've been in and out in 30-45 min. they're open 9-4, he has eve hours too. I know ppl who on yom tov have gone to his house (if he's in town) I'm very happy as is the rest of my family.

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 11:29 pm
so nobody's heard of this chantilly? maybe my spelling is just too off!

momomany

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:33 am
maybe santilli who works in nussbaums office?

smilingmom

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:51 am
You have to think of your priorities and medical philosophy.
I am more into natural approaches to medical issues and I needed a ped that respected that.
I also needed a doctor that has evening and weekend hours for well visits as well as sick ones and a doctor that I can reach by phone at all times for a consultation.
Most importantly, I wanted someone who is a great diagnostician.

I found that for my family Dr. Bulmash is best. By the way, he sees my kids into adulthood.

His number is 8518080 He is on 16th ave bet 39 & 40th st

bnm

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:32 am
momomany wrote:
maybe santilli who works in nussbaums office?

Dr. Nussbaum is still around??!?!? where?

runninglate

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 4:17 pm
I was under the impression that this dr. worked on her own, or was the main doctor, but its possible. who is this nussbaum, where located?

runninglate

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 4:23 pm
when u call bulmash with a question during the day, u can speak to him? that's amazing.when I call the ped I am using now, u have to leacve a message and she calls u back if its important or sends back a message with the answer by the end of the day.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:56 pm
RR6178 wrote:
when u call bulmash with a question during the day, u can speak to him? that's amazing.when I call the ped I am using now, u have to leacve a message and she calls u back if its important or sends back a message with the answer by the end of the day.

I was referring to evening and weekend calls, not office hours. sorry for being unclear

Fabulous

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:08 pm
bnm wrote:
D. Diamonds office. there are 3 drs there, nice waiting room with fish and toys. kids don't want to leave. wait depends on the time of day and dr.

same here. Office staff is very nice and understanding. However, I believe it is a closed office. You have to know someone who works there to get in.

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:13 pm
Fabulous wrote:
bnm wrote:

same here. Office staff is very nice and understanding. However, I believe it is a closed office. You have to know someone who works there to get in.

I got in there, no problem at all. (1 1/2 yrs ago)

Pinky

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:59 pm
I use Dr. Elena Mendel she is on 52 bet. 15&16 I LOVE her she cares for her patiants like it was her own child she is not yound so she is more into natral things but she will def. give shots & meds if needed never have to wait to long can call when I'm on the block....her # is 718 853 6006

Mini Cookie

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 9:35 pm
Dr. Susan Schulman is definitely the top pediatrician. She is the author of "Understanding Your Child's Health, a must read for every new mom! She's on 9th & 48th Street Here's her number (718) 436-3705.

Dr. Diamond's office is fantastic too. The wait is an average of 15 minutes. it's a cheerful, clean, kid friendly office. It is extremely professionally run & the nurses are top notch & kind. They have 3 doctors there, Dr. Diamond & 2 associates, Dr. Klein & Dr. Zyskind.

BTW, the wait by Bulmash is an average of 2 hours & he is an alarmist.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries