Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How many moms of twins are on this site?
1  2  Next

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:28 am
Say hello! Wink Exclamation

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:37 am
Expecting twins BE"H pretty soon.

Any tips? Advice? Etc?

Chani

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 12:29 pm
Hi there!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 12:34 pm
Iy"h I'll be having twins too (still in my early months)!!
Come on- ppl out there who've had twins, any advice/tips?

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:20 pm
I would try to get alot of help

Last edited by ny21 on Fri, May 18 2012, 5:52 am; edited 5 times in total

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:26 pm
Very Happy

Last edited by ny21 on Fri, May 18 2012, 5:56 am; edited 2 times in total

mumsy23

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:28 pm
Quote:
I wish someone had given me hammy down baby clothes.

Cute!! The word is "hand-me-downs!"

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:30 pm
LOL

Last edited by ny21 on Fri, May 18 2012, 5:53 am; edited 3 times in total

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:52 pm
Momoftwins- thanks, any advice Pre-birth? Did you have them both naturally? Did you need to perform a episiotomy? Did you give birth way b4 your due-date or did you carry full-term? How long were they born apart? How early in your pregnancy did you find out you were having twins? Did that worry you? Did you take any precautions?

Elle

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 2:01 pm
del

Last edited by Elle on Sun, Jun 15 2008, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 2:25 pm
Hi
Quote:
It gets easier after the age of 3...

R u sure can't wait for that day. my younger petite angel looking girl leads my big tall son into lots of trouble, Yes she definatly rules the house at this moment Confused
She started talking a couple months ago and has not stopped. And told me "mummy I am counting to free pase give dudy his bottle.... one,two free are u coming".
I guess I know where she gets that from but it can only be reverse oy. embarrassed

She tells me when her brother is doing something he should not, she even gets his clothes for him by emptying his draws. They dress themselves and undress themselves constantlytly you can just imagine how Help

He is a climber, throws balls and loves to run away when I call him then I have them both run away on me. He is much easier for sure though I mean thats now anyways.

So yes I am looking forward to it getting easier Tongue Out Tongue Out

Yes they r cute I love to coordinate them clothes wise, and they r free entertainment 4 sure. but sometimes when they have tantrums both at once you can just imagine the noise level and my poor head Very Happy

didan

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 2:42 pm
B"H

Tefila your kids sound very cute:)

Chani

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 4:52 pm
Sleep as much as you can.

See if you can arrange someone to help out overnight the first few weeks, even if only a couple of nights a week. It'll make a big difference in how you feel.

we put them down in the same crib and they seemed to sleep better that way.

I thought once they got to the toddler stage it was actually easier than singletons - there was always somebody ready to play!

Ummm - well, we bottle fed relatively early on. To save us the trip up and down the stairs in the middle of the night, we would make bottles in the evening and then put them in a mini dorm refrigerator in our room - much more convenient.

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 5:46 pm
they were preemies

Last edited by ny21 on Thu, Aug 03 2006, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 5:52 pm
My twins are three minutes apart
after you have the babys= if they are both boys or both girls
you can test the placenta to see their Zygosity.

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Dec 27 2006, 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

ny21

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 6:10 pm
Mumsy 23
how old are your twins??

amother

Post Fri, Aug 04 2006, 11:06 am
Any moms of twins carry full term (38-40 weeks +) ?

Annie

Post Thu, Aug 17 2006, 11:55 am
twin mom here. went 39 weeks, I thought they'd never come out. non-cesarian birth for both of them. I was lucky though, almost ended up with crash section for the second one. Had a great doctor, he only insisted on epidural because he thought he might have to turn the second one who was breech almost the entire time.

walk a lot early, it makes the last few months (what I affectionately call the beached whale phase) easier.

Mine shared a pack n'play downstairs for napping/sleeping before they went to bed for the "night" then I had one with a lot of reflux, so he slept in his carseat, and the other one in a co-sleeper by my bed.

I think it got better at about 2, but mine have only recently started 'teaming up" together to get into trouble (and they're 4 now).

Just remember that you know your children best, and advice that is given out may or may not apply. My example was that everyone always told me to separate them in school as soon as practicable (as soon as there were two classes). I did this last year and it was a disaster. Lucky for me, the director where they're going next year said that I could put them back together. I do ask them though whether they want to be apart, and if even one says yes, then I follow their lead.

Mine are very different and have different likes and abilities, so B'H we haven't had many competition issues. Last summer they went to different backyard camps, this summer they wanted to go to the same camp.

chen

Post Thu, Aug 17 2006, 12:04 pm
Tefila wrote:

Quote:
It gets easier after the age of 3...

R u sure

Quite.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 17 2006, 1:16 pm
Annie wrote:
twin mom here. went 39 weeks, I thought they'd never come out. non-cesarian birth for both of them. I was lucky though, almost ended up with crash section for the second one. Had a great doctor, he only insisted on epidural because he thought he might have to turn the second one who was breech almost the entire time.

Now I don't know much about twins and things, but from all my reading on obstetrics, and what not, it seems that if the first twin is not breech, it doesn't really make a difference if the second one is, as long as it's not transverse, as your body has opened quite a bit that a breech second birth is actually not so complicated...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics