Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Most touched/inspired movie
Previous  1  2

pumpernickle

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 11:18 pm
Ok folks, now I just finished watching Fireproof. My eyes are swollen and if there is one inspirational movie it's this. Omg. Wowow! A must to watch.

bodybalance

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 6:08 am
*The Shawshank Redemption!!!

*Peaceful Warrior (VERY VERY inspiring)

*The pursuit of happyness (I am putting in another vote for that one. It was beautiful!)

* The Green Mile

* The dead poet's society

* Erin Brockovitch

* Patch Adams

Most of these films are about people who overcome very difficult circumstances and grow from them.
There are other "clean" inspirational films out there, but I can't recall them at the moment.

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 2:26 am
Oh no. Has any of u watched The boy in the striped pajamas? I can't sleep. It's haunting me. Thought it will have a happy ending so I watched it with dh. Dh fled in the middle but I watched through. Sadly it's very inspiring.

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 2:27 am
Oh no. Has any of u watched The boy in the striped pajamas? I can't sleep. It's haunting me. Thought it will have a happy ending so I watched it with dh. Dh fled in the middle but I watched through. Sadly it's very inspiring.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 2:33 am
If we're talking about Jewish themed films I find that Hester Street is so sad and moving. It is a great film telling the story of the first Eastern European Jews's assimilation into America and the conflict between old and new, Judaism and Americanism, Halacha and modernity. If you're interested in the history of American Jewery this film can give you a lot of insight into many processes that have evolved into American Jewery today.
Check it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hester_Street_(film)

shanie5

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 9:27 am
pumpernickle wrote:

I saw it in the theater-the night after ds bar mitzvah (went out to 'veg' a little). Great movie, very touching, very haunting, and bad timing to go when I did!

Saw RADIO last night.based on a true story-beatiful.

Pay it Forward

hycup

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 9:58 am
Patch Adams my all time favorite.

eshes chayil

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 11:17 am
shani, I watched "pay it forward" years ago and can't forget that movie. I was bawling at the end. Would you know where I can get it online? I'd love to share it with my adult students.
thanks!

LULA

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 11:21 am
A Walk to Remember--do you guy remember the book?
"The Last Lecture"--different scenes online

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 8:09 pm
eshes chayil wrote:
shani, I watched "pay it forward" years ago and can't forget that movie. I was bawling at the end. Would you know where I can get it online? I'd love to share it with my adult students.
thanks!

sorry, just blockbuster.

Nicole

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 9:01 pm
sweet wrote:
Its a wonderful life, nobody watch that?I am sam that was a good one.

When I opened this thread, what came to mind was what I THOUGHT was called "A beautiful life" - are you talking about the one during the holocaust, with a father and little son? Subtitles? Very moving.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 9:09 pm
eshes chayil wrote:
thanks!

You can find almost anything at amazon.com.

shanie5

Post Wed, Nov 17 2010, 10:54 am
Nicole wrote:
sweet wrote:
Its a wonderful life, nobody watch that?I am sam that was a good one.

When I opened this thread, what came to mind was what I THOUGHT was called "A beautiful life" - are you talking about the one during the holocaust, with a father and little son? Subtitles? Very moving.

No she is talking about the holiday themed one that will be showing on tv regularly right after thanksgiving. And it is a great movie!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics