Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Cake decorating supplies in New York

smileyface

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 12:56 pm
Hi, my friend is having a Bat Mitzvah for her daughter in a couple of months. She is having a english tea type party and she is doing all the baking herself. she is going to New York next week and was wondering where would be the best place to buy cake decorating supplies and party equipment ect. in the brooklyn manhattan erea. It would be much cheaper to buy it in america them where she lives.

THanks in advance

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 12:59 pm
Michaels has everything Wilton which kosher. Have her go online.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 1:37 pm
You might even find much of it at Amazing Savings

louche

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 1:40 pm
NY Cake and Baking Co. in Manhattan in the West 20-somethings. They are also online.

mamommommy

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:01 pm
I love Michael's too for craft supplies and they have a pretty comprehensive cake decorating section. They also have 40% off coupons for one item every week (sometimes they'll let you use multiples of those coupons) and ocassionally have 20% off of your entire purchase. Search online for "Michael's coupons".

By the way, not all Wilton products are kosher so you have to check each one. They are also all labelled with different hechsherim, so it might be a good idea to have a list of all the hechsherim and the ones that are reliable before you go to shop.

momomany

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:11 pm
peppermill or kerekes in bp

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Oct 23 2010, 9:31 pm
anoher vote for michaels -
I lso heard peppermill has many nice things - but I havent gone there personally.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Oct 23 2010, 9:37 pm
Because of the coupons, michaels has great prices. they have a decent selection.

NY cake on w. 22nd st has INCREDIBLE variety but higher prices and zero customer service.

There is a smaller store on washington ave in brooklyn - small but with incredible variety, good prices and the best customer service I have ever seen.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 9:51 am
Peppermill on 16th ave in BP, Happy Home on Coney island, Michaels (google them to find the closest location) & I've seen some stuff in Wal Mart. Also, check out www.wilton.com & see if they can tell you where their products are sold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries