Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shalom Sesame/Shalom ZoomZoom

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 7:55 pm
Is it still on? I was getting a bit nostalgic and was curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9XgmC__DHs

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 6:08 am
Looks like a new one came out this year...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechov_Sumsum

At least 2 of the series are on Israeli TV now, my baby loves 'em.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 6:11 am
Yocheved, ZoomZoom is what a car does. Sumsum (soomsoom) is the word for sesame. You can even ask Tziporet!

Isramom8

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 7:57 am
Yes, there is a brand new DVD series, Shalom Sesame 2010! I know because my daughter filmed for it (she only talks, she does not dance or sing).

The first two DVDs are already for sale on Amazon. The others are scheduled to be released at different points throughout 2010 and 2011.

I just ordered the first two. I have no idea in which ones my daughter appears. But we are excited!

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 8:23 am
Is that going to be on TV too, or just DVD? Ooooh, now I know what to ask for for Chanukah. Smile I think I have a friend in that too -- I remember her saying something a while back about it and wishing I had known in advance to go to the Kotel that day...

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 8:24 am
Isramom--congrats on that!

Tamiri--yes, yes I know. It's just that's how I pronounced it when I first saw them. Smile

And thanks MominIsrael for the info!

I can't wait!!!! Smile

Isramom8

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 9:07 am
Thanks. It wasn't a goal she wanted congratulations for, just a fun thing. I put it in the perspective of teaching kids about Jewish holidays.

She didn't film at the kotel. She filmed in a stuffy room in Tel Aviv. It was interesting to see that on the computer screen, she was no longer in a drab room with green walls but in a beautifully decorated playroom. Movies are illusion. Good lesson.

Even though we kept things low key, I found myself experiencing a twinge of jealousy when another mom mentioned that her daughter was asked to fim with Grover. Why not mine? This is why we don't want to get heavily into show biz...

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 9:19 am
Back in the old country when my oldest daughter was about a year old, Sesame Street had a traveling exhibit going around -- one of the exhibits had the kids sit on a chair in front of one of those green backgrounds and count to ten in front of a video camera, but the resulting video looked like the kid was counting with the Count, or doing ABC's with Grover, etc. It was very cute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics